Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
theDoomBox

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby theDoomBox » Thu May 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Making Greebles is hard... I don't want to spend my entire day on it and this is as far as I got Image

You can use any parts of it you like. I might add more to it just for fun.

Also one of my own projects(Which like my others will probably never be released).
Still not done as you can tell.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:45 pm

NarnKar wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:It can even work with ship mods, as long as all the systems are assigned and they don't mess up the start beacon. Here is The Uncharted with The Torus stuff.
http://i.imgur.com/RYyDjjK.png

\

"It"??? What is this?

"It" is Hull Swap, which I have just released.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri May 15, 2015 8:09 am

Image nearly 1000 pixels of custom weapon-ing... last time I'm making abomb THAT'S for sure...

This is the Combustible Lemon bomb, the bomb counterpart to the combustible lemon launcher.

The most sad thing about this 1 weapon will take more time to make then my entire overhaul mod. I can say that as this took a lot of effort and on top of that I didn't do any coding with it yet... (anyone want to take a gander at animating this monstrosity for me? knowing me I will probably take 3 months with this due to IRL busyness and such.
I got the bomb animation script as well available... Just saying this now as some people I know love finishing lose ends of my work simply to have it earlier to play with it...)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am

Something about this hull doesn't seem right (needs more work), but I'm still amazed I got this far...
How did I even end up with this? I originally wanted some kind of Puddle Jumper texture, and I completely abandoned it. :(

Stripes... I think it needs some of those. Engines definitely need more details.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 19, 2015 8:14 am

Well I've been thinking of making a ship based off something from Xenoblade.

It's supposed to be Melia's Empress Staff...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/xenoblade/images/c/c2/Melia6-B.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140508082944 (best image I could find :( )

I'm planning on adding things like every time it attacks, the gun firing sounds would be "Summon Flare!" or "Summon Bolt!"
And that's really it though. I'm thinking of post-battle quotes but you can't really script those in FTL.

But y'know, I'm really feeling it!
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Wed May 20, 2015 9:55 pm

RAD-82 wrote:Something about this hull doesn't seem right (needs more work), but I'm still amazed I got this far...
How did I even end up with this? I originally wanted some kind of Puddle Jumper texture, and I completely abandoned it. :(

Stripes... I think it needs some of those. Engines definitely need more details.

One thing RAD, I think that your ships are wonderfully creative but often look very flat, This can be solved by adding more things on top of the splice so its not just a flat surface.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 am

Indeed! Minor modifications can completely change the look of the whole thing!

I took the liberty to sketch on your hull, altering some straight lines and moving some elements around.

It looks less flat, and i didn't even modify the shades! As Anthonest suggested, you should try adding more elements on top! That half-octagon thing i've added is just a quick example, i'm sure you'll come up with a much better looking solution!
ImageImageImageImageImage
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue May 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Hey TaxiService, you saw my ship up there, right? Do you have any advice on how to improve it?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:21 am

I tried some of those suggestions, but I couldn't satisfy myself, so I'm just leaving it alone for now. I'm not going to bother with updating my mod where I used the old one.
----

In other news, I noticed I'm missing a Federation and Mantis cruiser in my list of ships. The other eight cruisers aren't quite normal* either, so I decided to start work on a new set of cruisers that are slightly more normal and can be grouped together into one mod.

Playable preview of the Type-R Fleet: edit: New Topic

Since I'm missing a Federation and Mantis cruiser, they were the first ones that I did here. They are the only completed ones so far, but the other cruisers should have some clues to how they'll play since I imported all of the starting conditions (crew, systems, weapons, drones, augments) I have planned for them.

*Engi, Zoltan, Slug, and Rock have strange coloring; Stealth shrunk in size and has artillery; Kestrel has ghosts; Crystal has a 1x1 room; Lanius lacks oxygen, but I think it is normal enough; I'll do a new Lanius anyways

The Harrier

The Komodo (Dragon doesn't fit unless I remove The. The Gila Monster, The Basilisk; I'm keeping The instead of Dragon)

Update 5/30/15
The Falcon (I find this layout kind of plain/boring. I just wasn't feeling very creative.)

Update 5/31/15
The Infinity
Last edited by RAD-82 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 30, 2015 11:25 am

Man, I love the color schemes, its great to see whats possible with simple colour shifts. The layout for the Harrier is also really cool, I like how much use it makes of the mid section, haven't seen that before. Airlock placement is also interesting.