-Updated for AE compatibility
-Replaced Zoltan with another ghost
-Scrap cost for ghosts increased from 3 to 10
-Replaced Medbay with Clonebay; decreased starting system power by 1
-Removed Engi Med-bot Dispersal
-Decreased starting door level; you have an extra ghost to man it now
-Buying shields starts at 2 system power instead of 3
-Decreased starting reactor power by 1

Want to fail? (No, you don't!) Then fly the Dead-Tail. A flying coffin that is a Red-Tail/Stealth Cruiser/Ghost ship.

Maybe mixing the problems of the Red-Tail and Stealth Cruiser with a coffin wasn't the best thing to do, but I give it to you anyways. This ship has no story. It's just a ship I made to get familiar with Superluminal and modding.

Videos:
BrenTenkage (vAE.1)
Biohazard063 - Sensory Deprivation - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
BrenTenkage - Second half of an Arsenal+ Halloween stream
BrenTenkage - Spaceballs? - Arsenal+
Rand118 - Sept. 14, 2020

Credits:
FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - version 13-11-12 for editing the room layout and generating files
Slipstream Mod Manager v1.4 for patching the game
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 for image manipulation
Notepad for text file alterations
Last edited by RAD-82 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 am, edited 12 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stargateprovider

Re: [Ship] Dead-Tail

Postby stargateprovider » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:47 pm

A very interesting idea and an awesome ship!
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Dead-Tail

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Updated first post with hanger image! No change to the download.

My very first build with this ship had no systems except the engines, weapons, medbay, and piloting. When that run ended in sector 3, I added cloaking, increased piloting to level 2, and replaced the medbots with a second reloader. When that run ended in sector 4, I reverted the piloting and augments, added level 2 doors (didn't really have much of an impact on the second run, but I did it to make it more coffin-like for boarders), and decided to be generous with the shields by increasing system power to 3 instead of 2 (a whole 20 scrap in savings) when you buy them. Then I uploaded the .ftl file without testing it. I updated the post now that I tested it and had a really lucky run.

I want to note that something here is extremely cheap.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Dead-Tail vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:16 am

Updated for Advanced Edition!

There are a few changes to the starting conditions of this ship. I don't think it really matters.

I tried to do a Normal test run with the new ship. I didn't actually get to do much testing, as I made it to the end of sector 6 without buying anything other than shields and drones. I ran out of fuel because I just gave away 4 fuel in two separate events before landing on the exit beacon with none left. Without having acquired any extra firepower, I couldn't fight the rebels for fuel because I needed a 100% hit rate, which I obviously wasn't getting. During this run, I acquired a human and a mantis; I kept my clonebay active for them. :twisted:
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat May 24, 2014 3:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOoT2Wn ... e=youtu.be
Congrats you just made one of my new favorite ships

Seriously had a lot of fun, and I lowered the amount of swearing for you, the only word being dick (as in that ship using the mind control on my guy is one LOL)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 24, 2014 5:24 am

Ahh... the sound of multiple Heavy Laser impacts. :twisted: This ship definitely has the easiest start of all my ships, despite the lack of shields.

I'm surprised you didn't buy the Flak II, but the RNG was nice enough to give you exactly what you were looking for to pierce shields. :mrgreen:
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat May 24, 2014 6:12 am

RAD-82 wrote:Ahh... the sound of multiple Heavy Laser impacts. :twisted: This ship definitely has the easiest start of all my ships, despite the lack of shields.

I'm surprised you didn't buy the Flak II, but the RNG was nice enough to give you exactly what you were looking for to pierce shields. :mrgreen:

The flak was nice, but the 4 heavy laser impact was just so satifying. Honestly so much fun.

I had a perfect run and one of my best final boss encounters (that wasn't in a god sip) just perfect
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:06 am

https://youtu.be/3cju4jUDroQ good times, always nice to go back to a classic