Slug door hack event: killed crew, doors still disabled

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
XiaoXiaoMan

Slug door hack event: killed crew, doors still disabled

Postby XiaoXiaoMan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:54 pm

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/326 ... 2F8B9F492/

As you can see in the image linked above, I successfully disabled the Slug ship by killing the enemy crew. This was the event where your door system is disabled during the fight. Once the fight is over, the system is supposed to come back online. However, Twinge discovered that the event seems to be trying to clear the status of the wrong system: oxygen instead of doors. That's not supposed to happen, and it'd be really problematic if you have a fire on the ship (which I did, the second time it happened). Of course, jumping away fixes the issue as it always would, but I know for a fact the doors are supposed to return to normal after the enemy ship is destroyed or the enemy crew is killed. But that doesn't happen.

Should be an easy fix by the sound of things, but I thought I'd point it out.
The Captain

Re: Slug door hack event: killed crew, doors still disabled

Postby The Captain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:24 am

Doors still disabled just happened to me, except I killed the Slug ship.
WolverineJon

Postby WolverineJon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:08 am

Hi FTL community!

I just registered to report that I ran into this bug as well; unfortunately, it cost me the game!

The situation was my entire crew, 4 Mantis, had just finished wiping out the crew of the Slug ship that locked my doors. Unfortunately, most of my ship was on fire, but the teleporter, oxygen, medbay, and doors were still undamaged.

If I had gotten door control back (as the end-of-combat message indicates that I should have), it would have been a simple matter of venting my entire ship to put out the fires, then re-closing the doors, waiting for oxygen to replenish, teleporting back, and making repairs.

Unfortunately, with no door control, I was obliged to teleport my Mantis crew back onto the burning ship, where they succumbed to the flames.

This was on the PC (Windows) game client, playing the Advanced Edition.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:01 pm

WolverineJon wrote:The situation was my entire crew, 4 Mantis, had just finished wiping out the crew of the Slug ship that locked my doors. Unfortunately, most of my ship was on fire, but the teleporter, oxygen, medbay, and doors were still undamaged.

If I had gotten door control back (as the end-of-combat message indicates that I should have), it would have been a simple matter of venting my entire ship to put out the fires, then re-closing the doors, waiting for oxygen to replenish, teleporting back, and making repairs.

Unfortunately, with no door control, I was obliged to teleport my Mantis crew back onto the burning ship, where they succumbed to the flames.

That does suck and being able to open the doors would have helped, but you may have been able to get around it by turning your O2 off. Fire uses O2 pretty quickly and without O2 it goes out pretty quickly. As long as the O2 doesn't break, you can just turn it back on after all the fires are out and then teleport back.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
WolverineJon

Postby WolverineJon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:10 pm

5thHorseman, that's a great idea! Wish I'd have thought of it. I'm not sure I've intentionally ever turned off my O2, except temporarily when I've needed to power some other system.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 am

The error in events_ships.xml

Code: Select all

<ship name="JELLY_STATUS_DOORS" auto_blueprint="SHIPS_JELLY">
   <destroyed>
      <text>The Slug ship breaks apart and your systems return to normal. You collect what you can.</text>
      <autoReward level="MED">standard</autoReward>
      <status type="clear" target="player" system="oxygen" amount="100"/>
      <status type="clear" target="player" system="hacking" amount="100"/>
   </destroyed>
   <deadCrew>
      <text>With their crew dead, you quickly shut off their hacking module and your systems return to normal. You strip the ship.</text>
      <autoReward level="HIGH">standard</autoReward>
      <status type="clear" target="player" system="oxygen" amount="100"/>
      <status type="clear" target="player" system="hacking" amount="100"/>
   </deadCrew>
   <weaponOverride count="1">
      <name>BEAM_FIRE</name>
      <name>BOMB_FIRE</name>
   </weaponOverride>
</ship>

Instead system="oxygen" must be system="doors"
Image Image Image