[CHEAT] All Ships Unlocked

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
chrissphinx

[CHEAT] All Ships Unlocked

Postby chrissphinx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:41 am

This hacked prof.sav file will unlock all ships and both of their layouts! Thanks to phantam23 for the help.

--> http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=721 <--
this thread explains where the file should be placed. This will erase your stats data!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25919530/prof.sav

Enjoy!
Last edited by chrissphinx on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Re: [CHEAT] All Ships Unlocked

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:02 am

What is this. The link to the dropbox doesnt do anything. Just a blank screen with a line of corrupted symbols and some Arc_sector names.

Try again dude.
Gishank

Postby Gishank » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:12 am

Alex - Right-click the link and click "Save Link As" (may differ in name for other browsers).

I am curious as to how you achieved unlocking the ships in question though.
phantam23

Postby phantam23 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 am

Here's one with all variants except Rock Cruiser B, if anyone could upload one with all variants it will be much appreciated
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk6p1fls34ci0zd/prof.sav
chrissphinx

Postby chrissphinx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Alex wrote:What is this. The link to the dropbox doesnt do anything. Just a blank screen with a line of corrupted symbols and some Arc_sector names.

Try again dude.

lol!

Gishank wrote:I am curious as to how you achieved unlocking the ships in question though.

By modifying the profile data.

phantam23 wrote:Here's one with all variants except Rock Cruiser B, if anyone could upload one with all variants it will be much appreciated
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk6p1fls34ci0zd/prof.sav

Looking at your file gave me an idea and it worked! I've updated the original link to now include all variants.
phantam23

Postby phantam23 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks chrissphinx, much appreciated.
Gishank

Postby Gishank » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes... By modifying it how? Because as far as I can tell HEX editing shows nothing useful. :P lol
Regardless, may give the file a try later, takes far too long to unlock them through legitimate gameplay.
phantam23

Postby phantam23 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Just opened the file and wow, I'm impressed, how did you manage to copy over the variants while keeping the score at 0
chrissphinx

Postby chrissphinx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:50 pm

phantam23 wrote:Just opened the file and wow, I'm impressed, how did you manage to copy over the variants while keeping the score at 0

the file is set up like this:

Achievements
Ship Achievements
Unlocked Ships
Statistics

So I just delete the end of the file making sure to leave the unlocked ships data intact. This data is apparent because it's a block of 00's and 01's after the achievements, simple true/false for which ships you have unlocked.

I wanted to just add one last rock ship achievement to your file, but I didn't know what the game called the fire achievement or where to put it. Luckily, almost every single thing about the game is packed into a data file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\resources\data.dat) which contains an "achievements.xml" file.

So I needed to add "ACH_ROCK_FIRE" to your file in the right spot, but there were a couple values before every achievement string that I didn't understand, as well as one at the beginning of the file. It turns out those values are the length of the string (in this case the addition was 0D = 13 characters long) and the first value tells the game how many total entries are in the file. After placing the string, setting the length value and increasing the entries value it stopped crashing and worked. :)

I know this is a TL; DR but if you like games and programming then it's kinda interesting.
frayed

Postby frayed » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 am

hello.

an alternative savegame with just about everything unlocked.

prof.sav - 1.3 Kb