[MOD] Twinge's Balance Mod (Current Version: 6.3.1) (Old)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Twinge

[MOD] Twinge's Balance Mod (Current Version: 6.3.1) (Old)

Postby Twinge » Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 am

Updated for Advanced Edition, in its own thread here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26269

Old Balance Mod for version 1.5.3:

Concept:
This mod is designed to address balance issues in the game, making more equipment in the game worth using and increasing the quantity of interesting decisions. This mod doesn't add large amounts of additional content - instead it focuses on improving the usefulness of existing content and making the base game a better overall experience without making the overall game notably easier or harder.

Mod Files:
Grognak's Mod Manager File: Balance Mod 6.3.1.ftl
Raw data file: Balance Mod 6.3.1 data.dat

Major Changes:

• Fixed numerous game bugs, such as broken randomization or inaccurate/missing costs.
  • Large number of punctuation and grammar fixes. Event phrasing tweaked to be more consistent and clear.
    Tooltips give exact breach/fire chance.
  • Many events tweaked to make them actually worth considering - including Alien Spiders, Quarantine, Madman, Weapons Trader, Buying Slaves, and more.
  • System pricing - Oxygen 3, Pilot 3, Doors 3, Sensors 3, Engines 6-8, and Drones 7-8 are now cheaper. Doors 2, Tier 3 Shields, and Engines 3-5 are more expensive.
  • Strong weapons nerfed or made more expensive, such as Burst Laser II and Ion Bomb. Weak weapons buffed or made cheaper, such as Heavy Ion and most missile weapons.
  • Weak augments buffed significantly and/or made cheaper, including Repair Arm, Recharge Booster, and Reverse Ion Field. Re-loader and Scrap Arm now cost more.
  • Ship-specific augments sell for less to encourage their use; effect increased for weaker racial augments.
  • Defense Drone II power requirement reduced to 3. Player Beam Drone slightly buffed. Weaker drone costs reduced.
  • Stealth B, Engi B, and Fed B buffed. Rock A and Slug B slightly buffed. Mantis B and Crystal B slightly nerfed.
  • Nebula exit beacons can actually have events now.
  • Globally reduced the odds of free crew from events slightly.
  • Reduced scrap rewards in a few places, including the average reward from killing the enemy crew.
  • Enabled 2 new events and custom text for destroying Rock ships.
  • Mid and late game Auto-Scouts that don't have Shields will now have System Casing.
  • Various quality of life tweaks such as more consistent event option ordering, notification when receiving crew, swapping weapon position on Stealth A, etc.
  • Visual fixes to several ships so doors no longer go through equipment, etc.
  • Missiles and Drone Parts cost 1 less. Mantis cost 5 more, Rock and Zoltan cost 5 less.

There are several other changes not listed here; see http://www.it-is-law.com/ftl-balance/index.php for a full change list.

Mod Compatibility:
The changes to this mod are very extensive and not designed around compatibility with other mods. I suggest running this mod by itself, but if combined with other mods it should probably be set to the first slot (thus getting overwritten by other mods).

It should work fine alongside mods that only change visuals - for example, the High-Def Backgrounds Mod should cause no conflicts. I am also fine with anyone using my work as part of another mod as long as credit is given.
Last edited by Twinge on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:55 am, edited 16 times in total.
FTL Tips & Tricks Video Series

Catch my stream on Twitch

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
966socho

Re: [MOD][WIP][New Release] Twinge's Balance Mod (v0.4 Beta)

Postby 966socho » Mon May 13, 2013 9:20 am

Very nice. It does cover a lot of the small issues people have complained about.

Unless you are fighting a ship that can fight fires (Engi/Rock/Rigger), a single successful Fire Beam shot kills, so I don't really see a need to bump it. I pair it only with ion weapons anyways, so the slower speed doesn't really affect me that much.

Also, I think the problem with defense drones lies in the aiming, not the cooldown time. Against a BL3, I've seen my drone twitch several times in an attempt to follow the lasers without ever firing a shot. Unfortunately, I don't think you can touch the drone AI yet.

Not sure about lowering Engine upgrade cost. I've seen people say that each percent increase in dodge chance reduces more damage as your base dodge chance goes up. Haven't done the math myself so I'm not entirely sold on that.
featherwings

Postby featherwings » Mon May 13, 2013 10:08 am

Fantastic work! I'm a serious stickler for balance - I've actually got a few ship layout tweaks on the boiler right now myself. And the ship tier list, which you might want to take a peek at. (no really, i'd love your critism.)

Would it be too difficult to divide the mod up into different sections? For instance, a weapons&drones, an arguments, an events, and a stores&systems? It'd really help with the compatibility, at the very least. If it's an actual effort, don't bother, but if it's just a few more download links I'd appreciate it. ^^

As for some actual feedback:
Store prices: look really good across the board. Keep in mind that there's a number of other events that are balanced around the cost of missiles in the stores, such as the selling military grade explosives event. Not sure if ten or so scrap either way would really affect things, but the same could be said for the crew price tweaks. (fyi: I really only ever buy mantis. Every other crewmember tends to be not worth the price in early sectors and unneeded in late sectors.)
You might want to lower humans a bit, too - being "average" really translates into being the absolute worst race. Ten scrap isn't really worth not picking up double repair speed or double fighting ability.

Ships: Again, I've got some ideas I'll spare you. What you've got so far isn't enough to really swing things too far but they're still welcome.

Systems: Pilot 3 is handy because it gives your helm a bit more damage resistance. bumping it down to 35 might be putting it in "every evade ship gets this" territory. For engines, you're taking into account that as you get more dodge, each additional percent of dodge is more effective? (which has more impact on hit chance, 1% > 2% or 98% > 99%?) The percent you get for the max level of engines already gets bumped up a little relative to level 7.

Weapons: I'd avoid tweaking the burst lazer II's cooldown. Like you said, it's integral to a few starting ships. I tend to think it's important to have a weapon or two that's "obviously the best" just so when you get one it feels like a burst of luck. Keep the cost tweak, but it's like a dual laser you can find once in awhile.
Hull weapons pretty much suck across the board, I'd bring the breach up a little higher to really send the message home.
Changing the ion bomb's cooldown really really dicks with it. It was a single-fire hit to drop shields before your first burst hit, or a quick shot to the helm. Because it uses missiles, you really don't want to chain it. So basically you've just nerfed it pretty hard, while giving it a slightly different purpose.

Drones:
Why would you lower the price of the hull repair drone? It's already way too good, especially vs. the flagship where it lets you fight round 2 with a full hull. Having a portable hull repair is REALLY powerful and I'd probably still buy the suckers if they were 120 scrap.

Arguments:
The game was sorely in need of all of these, this is the best part of your mod. Thank you <3

Events:
Would you consider removing the " from the real stealth cruiser unlock quest? It's a very silly spoiler.

Considering:
Missile weapons: missile weapons negating shield is enough to make most of them viable - they're not supposed to be competitive against an equal-power laser/beam weapon.
Doors 2 on enemy ships: yes please! boarding's really strong now as it is.

Again, thank you for all your fantastic work and I'll give you more feedback as I play a bit.
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Mon May 13, 2013 12:24 pm

966socho wrote:Unless you are fighting a ship that can fight fires (Engi/Rock/Rigger), a single successful Fire Beam shot kills, so I don't really see a need to bump it. I pair it only with ion weapons anyways, so the slower speed doesn't really affect me that much.

The primary reason is because it works slowly. The enemy ship has ample time to get off shots while you're slowly burning it up. Additionally, when facing a ship with 3+ shield bubble, it is often hard to land much of the beam at all because the shields will come back online too quickly - the beam speed increase is aimed to improve your outcome here a bit.

Even buffed I find it less effective than boarding, though that may speak more to teleporters needing nerfs than anything else.

966socho wrote:Also, I think the problem with defense drones lies in the aiming, not the cooldown time. Against a BL3, I've seen my drone twitch several times in an attempt to follow the lasers without ever firing a shot. Unfortunately, I don't think you can touch the drone AI yet.

Indeed, I cannot tweak that sort of stuff - only the what, not the how =) A big problem with the Defense II is how is can shoot at lasers you don't care about while ignoring missiles. I feel like the fast fire rate at 3 power makes it something of a trade off compared to Defense I, making both potentially valid options. Does need some more testing, though.

966socho wrote:Not sure about lowering Engine upgrade cost. I've seen people say that each percent increase in dodge chance reduces more damage as your base dodge chance goes up. Haven't done the math myself so I'm not entirely sold on that.

This is true, because dodge is additive - which means each percentage point is better than the last. The best way I know to illustrate this concept is to compare 98% dodge and 99% dodge - you only gain 1% more, but you are literally doubling your effective dodge rate (you will only be hit by 1% instead of by 2%).

That said, it still isn't amazing for its cost even reduced. With my current changes, in terms of cost per effective dodge increase, assuming a cost of 30 for power: Level 4: 7.2 scrap/dodge; Level 5: 8.2; Level 6: 15.5; Level 7: 18.0; Level 8: 15.7. This means you get some decent benefit for maxing it, but you're still paying double the cost for the benefit received compared to Level 4-5 engines.

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Mon May 13, 2013 1:30 pm

featherwings wrote:And the ship tier list, which you might want to take a peek at. (no really, i'd love your critism.)

Some ships I simply haven't played enough to have a reliable opinion on, but my thoughts anyway:

Overall I agree pretty well. Carnelian is clearly amazing (though can have a rough patch if you hit a lot of Zoltan shields), The Vortex is definitely bottom tier. I'd probably raise both Stealth ships one tier; Nesasio is actually super strong early on (though the 3 weapon slots is a big downside). The Stealth B is definitely awkward, but it does start with a solid end-game quality weapon which is worth something.

The Torus seems on par with the Red Tail, though I'm not actually sure offhand if I'd want to bump The Torus up or the Red Tail down. Stormwalker I mostly feel is bottom tier alongside The Vortex, but at the same time might gain a tier simply by merit of starting with a teleporter. I'd also probably bump the Basilisk a tier - it's a bad version of the Crystal B, but that's still pretty good.

I think the Man O War is at least Mid Tier - it starts with Breech I and Dual Laser which are both amazing weapons, and with 4 weapon slots you can potentially still be using one or both for the end game. The Bio Beam also means you'll be pulling in good scrap rewards like the teleporter ships do. (I believe I've only actually played this ship once, though, for a Normal win.)

The Noether is also probably one tier higher as the dual ion ends up being quite powerful. I also kinda hate the Bravais, but that's probably because the first time I played it I hit nonstop Defense Drones which can shoot down your laser-like weaponry. A relevant weakness, but still probably a strong enough ship to stay at its tier (especially with the free scrap from the augment and the crystal crew).

To reiterate, I don't feel super confident in all these statements, as I don't have enough experience with all the ships to say for sure, but those are my current thoughts.

featherwings wrote:Would it be too difficult to divide the mod up into different sections? For instance, a weapons&drones, an arguments, an events, and a stores&systems? It'd really help with the compatibility, at the very least. If it's an actual effort, don't bother, but if it's just a few more download links I'd appreciate it.

It'd be a reasonable hassle. While there's still a fair bit up in the air that will still change, I probably won't worry about breaking it up or making it compatible with other mods (unless there is high demand). As things start to become more finalized, it is certainly something I can look into more. Breaking things up is also somewhat awkward as its meant to be a whole package - some tweaks don't work as well in a vacuum.

featherwings wrote:Store prices: look really good across the board. Keep in mind that there's a number of other events that are balanced around the cost of missiles in the stores, such as the selling military grade explosives event.

Good thing to mention. I have considered this, and any I've noticed are probably fine to stay where they're at - the one you mentioned sells off missiles at 3 each which still seems perfectly reasonable when they cost 5 at stores.

featherwings wrote: (fyi: I really only ever buy mantis. Every other crewmember tends to be not worth the price in early sectors and unneeded in late sectors.)
You might want to lower humans a bit, too - being "average" really translates into being the absolute worst race. Ten scrap isn't really worth not picking up double repair speed or double fighting ability.

This has been mostly the case for me as well, though I'll pick up something else if I get unlucky with crew-giving events (generally Engi if possible, Human if desperate). I briefly had Zoltan down to 60, but I believe the ability to go over your normal maximum power is relevant enough to be worth paying for in some cases.

Dropping Humans to 35 isn't unreasonable at all, but perhaps the better way to approach this would be to reduce the amount of crew you get from events a little bit, meaning you can't rely on it as readily to net you free crew and making buying crew a better idea.

Glad this discussion brought this to mind; I like this idea a lot. I specifically like the idea of reducing how often Slaver ships offer a surrender giving you a slave, as reducing that nicely goes in hand with the reduced cost for buying a slave from friendly slaver ships as well (since it's less assured you'll get one for free from fighting).

featherwings wrote:Ships: Again, I've got some ideas I'll spare you. What you've got so far isn't enough to really swing things too far but they're still welcome.

Looking at your Tier List commentary, it sounds like we're mostly of the same mindset here. I just wanted to reign in some of the high end and boost the low end -- it's a good thing for them to not be completely balanced. I'm considering a few other tweaks (like moving Stormwalker's Medbay), but probably don't intend to do anything too drastic. The Bulwark is also buffed a bit by missiles being cheaper which is nice, though I could potentially see them starting with say 2-4 more missiles as well.

featherwings wrote:Systems: Pilot 3 is handy because it gives your helm a bit more damage resistance. bumping it down to 35 might be putting it in "every evade ship gets this" territory. For engines, you're taking into account that as you get more dodge, each additional percent of dodge is more effective? (which has more impact on hit chance, 1% > 2% or 98% > 99%?) The percent you get for the max level of engines already gets bumped up a little relative to level 7.

I don't believe that's cheap enough to quite put it there - 35 is a fair bit to pay for a mere buffer. I'd like it to be reasonable but not clearly good to get it, which I believe 35 is, but I could potentially see 40.

I'm aware how dodge works - see my previous post in response to 966socho for some numbers on that. And as a side note - I'm amazed how many people in the FTL community understand this concept; it's not the most intuitive thing. Back when dodge existed in League of Legends it seemed like nobody understood the idea at all, and I'd go red in the face explaining how multiplicative dodge did not have diminishing returns...

featherwings wrote:Weapons: I'd avoid tweaking the burst lazer II's cooldown. Like you said, it's integral to a few starting ships. I tend to think it's important to have a weapon or two that's "obviously the best" just so when you get one it feels like a burst of luck. Keep the cost tweak, but it's like a dual laser you can find once in awhile.

Even with the slight nerf I think it still fits this bill nicely - I'm pretty much jumping to pull together 95 scrap any time I see it in a store =)

I'd say getting BL2, BL3, Glaive, or Pre-Igniter still feel like a great burst of luck!

featherwings wrote:Hull weapons pretty much suck across the board, I'd bring the breach up a little higher to really send the message home.

Yeah they're kind of awkward; the concept make sense, but in practice you almost always would rather hit systems that rather than do more hull damage. If you're talking Hull Missile, I could see 50% but wouldn't want to go higher; it's not a Breach Missile (if Hull Missile needs further buffs, they'd have to be elsewhere). Hull Beam I like at 10% a lot - I actually think it's decent pre-buff (the main problem being getting it at the right time with the right equipment alongside), but it's definitely more fun with the breach chance and it doesn't make it overly strong.

featherwings wrote:Changing the ion bomb's cooldown really really dicks with it. It was a single-fire hit to drop shields before your first burst hit, or a quick shot to the helm. Because it uses missiles, you really don't want to chain it. So basically you've just nerfed it pretty hard, while giving it a slightly different purpose.

It still does that job admirably I believe - 3 ion is enough to guarantee disabling the pilot for example. So far I've still found it very strong in its nerfed state; that much disable for only 1 power is really really good, even if it does cost a missile. And because the cooldown is just barely low enough, you can also chain it with itself to keep heavy shields down if necessary.

featherwings wrote:Why would you lower the price of the hull repair drone? It's already way too good, especially vs. the flagship where it lets you fight round 2 with a full hull. Having a portable hull repair is REALLY powerful and I'd probably still buy the suckers if they were 120 scrap.

This is a change I don't feel too strongly about, but I will note that it is almost impossible to break even with the cost compared to simply repairing (even with the reduced drone part cost) - you'd need to heal up 72 hull damage to break even in cost.

Obviously, the ability to repair in the field is relevant and worth something as well - I just don't find it very important myself (e.g., I only expect to take about 2 damage from Phase 1 of the Flagship anyway; being topped off is good, but rarely that important). I believe you are over-valuing it, but I certainly welcome further discussion - anyone else want to chime in with their Hull Repair thoughts?

featherwings wrote:Events:
Would you consider removing the " from the real stealth cruiser unlock quest? It's a very silly spoiler.

Already done! Didn't even realize the significance of it - I was just fixing punctuation errors ;O

featherwings wrote:Again, thank you for all your fantastic work and I'll give you more feedback as I play a bit.

Cheers. Thanks for the feedback.

featherwings

Postby featherwings » Mon May 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for the ship feedback!

I was writing a lot of those comments and thinking, "durrr, anyone who spent so much time tweaking the game HAS to have already taken these things into account" but I said it anyway because there wasn't much else to say.

A few outstanding issues are more, game design and not balance. The game gives you enough crew, missiles, and drones that if you're not reckless with them (and not flying the bulwark or the Slug B) you shouldn't ever have to buy them - thus, they're only there for emergencies. It doesn't matter what price the crew is, usually I never would buy them anyway. (this is why I only tend to buy mantis, because they're the ones I lose the most often.) So you have to ask, "I'd be changing a fundamental strategy of the game, in that now buying crew is an option and not a penalty, is that what I'd like to do?"

I think it's for the better if you tuned down the crew rate, but it's a big thing and may conflict with the role you want your mod to play.

Same with boarding - as it is, I think it's way overpowered. You get MORE scrap for what is usually the EASIER option. But in vanilla, it's set up that way, everything's balanced around that. I'd like to see it made harder with doors upgrades and medbays, but that again changes a fundamental assumption people have made about the game in that as it is, boarding alone is a solution to a majority of ships. (Look at how much people who play Mantis B complain about autodrones/zoltan shields. Crystals aren't affected as much, but that's cuz they're terribly, terribly broken)

Pfff, here I am saying things you've probably thought about at great length again. I'd like to see both changes, personally, but it would be a lot more divisive than any of your other changes.

It seems like your mod has made the game a bit easier (many more prices are lowered than raised; weapons got more powerful on average, luck is slightly less of a factor, more events pay more often) so you may want to consider making a few things harder. Perhaps add small scrap costs to some of the more essential ship upgrades so that alternative ship systems become slightly more attractive and the game picks up its difficulty again?

Oh, about hull drones: they're pretty good against the flagship, but I might be over-valuing them. They basically make you invincible as long as you have drone parts? But also keep in mind that a hull repair drone + a drone recovery arm will get you two or three free repairs each jump which is huge.
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Tue May 14, 2013 1:34 am

featherwings wrote:I was writing a lot of those comments and thinking, "durrr, anyone who spent so much time tweaking the game HAS to have already taken these things into account" but I said it anyway because there wasn't much else to say.

[...]Pfff, here I am saying things you've probably thought about at great length again.

This is something you simply shouldn't worry about in discussions of this nature, generally speaking. There are so many factors that it's still quite easy even for someone experience with a game and game balance in general to overlook stuff in a project like this. The potential to be gained ("Oooh, I actually hadn't considered that!") outweighs the loss (a minute or two explaining "Yep, thought of that").

featherwings wrote:So you have to ask, "I'd be changing a fundamental strategy of the game, in that now buying crew is an option and not a penalty, is that what I'd like to do?"

I think it's for the better if you tuned down the crew rate, but it's a big thing and may conflict with the role you want your mod to play.

More than anything, I want the mod to be a better and more interesting overall game experience than the base game. This is obviously subjective, but I don't believe tweaks like these are crossing a threshold I don't want to cross. In the end, the game will still feel similar to play - it'l just hopefully have more tough decisions along the way =)

featherwings wrote:Same with boarding - as it is, I think it's way overpowered. You get MORE scrap for what is usually the EASIER option. But in vanilla, it's set up that way, everything's balanced around that.

Right now my current plan is to a) increase the cost of teleporters a bit (currently upped to 90 for 0.4.1, could potentially go higher), reduce the reward of killing crew a tad (estimating ~8% value reduction with my planned change), and increase the commonness of doors 2 a little.

Even with all thee tweaks combined, boarding is still going to be very strong and a worthwhile pursuit in many cases, but hopefully it won't be so clearly amazing all the time.

featherwings wrote:It seems like your mod has made the game a bit easier (many more prices are lowered than raised; weapons got more powerful on average, luck is slightly less of a factor, more events pay more often) so you may want to consider making a few things harder. Perhaps add small scrap costs to some of the more essential ship upgrades so that alternative ship systems become slightly more attractive and the game picks up its difficulty again?

I agree that the current state of things probably results in a slightly easier game currently. I'm roughly at the point where most of the equipment is as useful as it can reasonably be made to be (still feel a bit unhappy with missiles currently though) which was a major early goal, and now I can start working more on tuning the difficulty back into place a bit. There's a lot of ways to go about this, certainly, and I'll probably be hitting a few areas. One significant one I'm planning on is adjusting the event loadout for sectors - making green sectors less awesome would up the difficulty some for example.

That said, a few considerations where changes aren't completely clear cut. Cheaper weapons/drones are a net buff overall, but keep in mind this also means you get less scrap from selling them off, so in several cases you're just losing 5 scrap because you didn't want that Anti-Personnel Drone anyway. Buffed weapons also apply to the AI in most cases, so some of their attacks will be stronger too.

featherwings

Postby featherwings » Tue May 14, 2013 8:13 am

Re: unhappy with missiles
It could quite be you're just not particularly fond of missiles in general. It's hard to give good feedback since it's been a while since I played without the excellent Balanced Arsenal mod. They're always more of a support thing, and it's hard to get a good support filled by a three-power weapon. Glad to see the hermes at 2, but honestly I'd rather see a NEW two power weapon and leave the hermes at 3 and just bring its firing speed down a bit more.

(for reference - especially given the amount feedback I've been giving you - I play with Balanced Arsenal, New Enemy Classes, and drones plus.)

Re: sector probability
Yes please adjust the sector probability! Right now they all feel pretty much the same. :/

Re: boarding balance
I wouldn't up the cost of teleporters simply because the bigger boarding ships all start with them. Really, it'd be a hard nerf to the crystal A and the rock B, which both need it, but not affect the mantis, the crystal B, or the slug B. It'd make it harder for other ships to just casually pick it up which might be your intent; but a lot of the reason boarding is OP is the rewards are better, which is felt the strongest with the ships that start with the thing and NOT the ships that pick it up in sector six to use against the flagship. The latter is affected by a price hike, but the former is what needs the nerf the most.

...unless the point IS to make the flagship 30 scrap harder for everyone but the teleporter starting ships, in which case nerf away. I have a lot of thoughts about the flagship fight and most of them boil down to pretending it doesn't exist. ;-;
966socho

Postby 966socho » Tue May 14, 2013 8:26 am

Oh I just remembered. You could take a look at how the Descent into Darkness mod balances shields. Dry Eagle only allows three bubbles max since it is considered minimally sufficient to up against the Flagship. I'm thinking Shields 4 should be more expensive to make more enemies actually threatening.
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm

featherwings wrote:Re: unhappy with missiles
It could quite be you're just not particularly fond of missiles in general. It's hard to give good feedback since it's been a while since I played without the excellent Balanced Arsenal mod. They're always more of a support thing, and it's hard to get a good support filled by a three-power weapon. Glad to see the hermes at 2, but honestly I'd rather see a NEW two power weapon and leave the hermes at 3 and just bring its firing speed down a bit more.

Calling them a support weapon is apt. I feel like missiles try to be a damage weapon and a support weapon at the same time, and end up halfway failing on both counts. They do the support job far worse than bombs and generally do the damage job worse than lasers or beams. They sit in this awkward middle ground where they can be effective (shield piercing + damage is certainly useful in concept) but are generally outclassed by other options.

So yeah, just not sure what all I want to do here yet. I'll keep toying with some ideas and looking for feedback and hopefully we'll come up with a good overall solution. I'd like to avoid adding new weapons if possible, but I'm not completely opposed to the idea if it ends up being the best option available.

featherwings wrote:Re: boarding balance

Good points on the teleporter cost. It still feels like I should increase the cost somewhat; I currently have it priced at 85 now. I could potentially be convinced to drop it back to 75 as we go along though - unsure. Either way I'll focus on other ways to weaken boarding for now.