FTL Version 1.03.0 - Hotkeys and More!

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Matthew
Site Admin

FTL Version 1.03.0 - Hotkeys and More!

Postby Matthew » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Update

The patch will now be live on Steam for all users (on Windows, MacOS, and Linux). If you didn't know already, the Steam for Linux Beta is now in open beta so anyone can access it (and FTL on it)! Check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/news/9638/

Assuming all continues to go smoothly, I'll be sending the patch to the HumbleStore and GOG.com and it will be available for those users within a couple days. I'll put up a post on our website news section as well as update this space once that happens :) I apologize that that system is not an instant as Steam.

There were a few small fixes made, so the most up to date version is 1.03.1. The changes just involved fixes to the hotkeys to ensure better functionality :)

-------------------------

Hello Everyone!

We have a small patch just about ready to roll out! The major additions include plentiful hotkey options as well as a colorblind friendly mode. Full change log at the bottom of the post.

As in the past, we're going to put it on the beta branch on Steam before pushing it out to everyone else. Given our relatively limited testing capabilities (just the two of us, remember :)), this has proven helpful in trying to catch last minute issues / additions before making everyone update. Once the patch goes live for everyone else I will make an announcement here as well as our website news section, so keep an eye out. So if you're eager to get the most up to date version, or you just want to be helpful for testing purposes, then check it out! See further down for instructions on how to access the patch on Steam.

In addition to that patch, that branch / password will also give access to the Linux version of FTL on Steam! If you're part of the Steam Beta program you'll be able to download it and try it out. As a warning, there's currently a problem with the Linux Steam client that might necessitate that you disable the Steam Overlay in order to launch FTL. You can do that by right clicking on FTL and going to "Properties" and toggling it off from there.

If you have any problems or feedback, please email me (zasdarq@ftlgame.com), post to the tech support forum (found here: viewforum.php?f=9), or use our GetSatisfaction (found here: https://getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame)

-Matthew

Accessing the patch

Right click on FTL in Steam and select "Properties". From the "Beta" tab you can choose to opt into the Beta Builds. Put in the password "betapatch" (without the quotes) and press "Check Password" and it will download. You can revert back to pre-patch if something goes wrong by selecting None from that tab.

Version 1.03.0 Changelog

Changes:

-Colorblind mode (available in options) makes many color pallette changes and adds additional symbols to help out our colorblind players. I apologize for the delay in getting this into the game!
-Hotkeys added for many actions in the game, customizable from within the Options menu
-Indicator for when the enemy is attempting to jump away (and if it's able to)
-Cloaking will automatically cooldown in non-danger situations
-You can now pause using the middle mouse button (one handed gaming for those of you who need to hold your child in the other!)
-Orange room borders for very low O2 have been replaced with hazard stripes on the floor (should be more obvious for everyone)
-Ctrl+click (customizable in Options) when aiming will allow you to specify a single weapon to auto-fire (or not auto-fire if auto-fire button is toggled)
-Minor balance change: System Repair drones power requirement reduced to 1

Major Bugs:

-Cloaking will provide the +60 evasion even if you don't have a pilot
-Beams will correctly damage crew (and start fires if the Fire Beam)
-Odd numbered Shield Systems will now properly repower after ionization
-Tough Little Ship, Astronomically Low Odds, and all of the Crystal Cruiser achievements fixed
-Repair/Anti-Personel Drones will always properly disappear whenever unequipped (or sold) - this will let you unequip them to make room for repair men if you system is destroyed
-Potential fix for rare crash when selecting weapons

Minor Bugs:

-Fixed: Zoltan Bonus power wouldn't update while paused for drones
-Federation Cruiser Artillery cooldown imagery properly updates during pause
-Fixed: Sometimes incorrectly displays the teleporter/shuttle text when your crew dies after battle
-All enemies (including boarders) will now have names
-Tooltips will properly clear when events/sub-windows open
-System limits/effects caused by events (or nebulas) update upon arrival, not after the event
-Cloaking system glow fixed
-Zoltan Trade hub event fixed - blue option will actually do something now
-Fixed: Quest beacon tooltips were sometimes inaccurate
-More Typos/Grammar Fixes
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Alzarath

Re: FTL Version 1.03.0 - Hotkeys and More!

Postby Alzarath » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 am

Entering the beta; verifying game cache, restarting Steam and reinstalling it did not work for me. It continued to download no files. Here is my system infromation from Steam, if it's necessary. I'm glad FTL is being released on Steam for Linux. Hope I get to play it soon.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:29 am

It should be on the open branch now, no beta required (as of about 5 minutes ago). Try opting out of the beta.

I've had a few issues trying to force it to download as well. Restarting Steam proved the most helpful.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Are you using a mod or for any reason altered the resources.dat file? We altered the fonts for something and it required re-positioning of the text in some cases. If your font file is not properly updated, then the font would be misplaced. Try verifying the game cache.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Matthew wrote:Are you using a mod or for any reason altered the resources.dat file? We altered the fonts for something and it required re-positioning of the text in some cases. If your font file is not properly updated, then the font would be misplaced. Try verifying the game cache.

I tried verifying the game cache and it fixed the problem, but as soon as the mods are reapplied the text gets tiny and too high again. What baffles me about it is that as far as I can tell there's nothing in the mods I'm using which refers to the font size. It's fairly frustrating.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Did you guys change anything regarding fire extinguishing?
It looks like fire is even harder to put out after the update.
I had 4 full health guys (no zoltans or rocks) trying to extinguish 2 fire spots in the shield room. The fire grew to 4 spots, then back to 3, then to 4 (!) and I had to send the four of them to med bay before the fire could be controlled. It ended up destroying my lv3 shield room completely. Same happened with my engine room later on.
So any changes regarding fire control or it is just a wrong impression of mine?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Sorry no changes at all to the fire system :(

@VanguardOfValor: I don't monitor how the mods work, so I actually won't be too much help on that. I bet the people managing them though will come up with a solution, I'm always surprised by their ingenuity :)
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm

splette figured it out. You can read his explanation and solution here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9978
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
generalmek

Postby generalmek » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:50 pm

all work fine... dont see bugs or something wrong. i will be happy if u make game play not on 30-90min but something 6-more hours game play. i like play with top lasers ship but cant fully complete ship =]
premchai21

Postby premchai21 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 pm

By the way, 1.03.1 appears to be out on the Humble Store (at least I was able to retrieve it when I went back to check specifically with my download link), but I didn't see an announcement here or on the News section of the website. So now you know!