Aug ideas: Advanced oxygen control,the Brink, Enemy Teleport

General discussion about the game.
Darkelve

Aug ideas: Advanced oxygen control,the Brink, Enemy Teleport

Postby Darkelve » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I had an idea for three extra augmentations / features yesterday. I'm just posting them here to discuss them, this isn't a request or something, just a brainstorming of mine.
  • 1. Advanced oxygen control
  • 2. The Brink
  • 3. Enemy Teleporter

1. Oxygen Control
Basically what this would do, is separately regulate the oxygen of every room inside your ship, but *really* fast and without the need for opening/closing of doors. This would help with boarders, to quickly put out fires or to slow down the loss of oxygen in case of a breach.

2. The Brink
Actually, this is the opposite of the MedBay. Enemies who enter this room, are trapped if there is power. Aditionally, being in The Brink constantly damages their health.

3. Enemy Teleporter
Targets a room and teleports all enemies to a location of your choice. This could be on the enemy ship or somewhere on your own ship (e.g. Medbay). Would also be cool in combination with "The Brink" or "Oxygen Control" (send them to a room with no Oxygen).
Kieve

Re: Aug ideas: Advanced oxygen control,the Brink, Enemy Tele

Postby Kieve » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:25 am

"The Brink"? Did you perhaps mean "the brig" instead?

Interesting ideas. Not sure I'd support any of them as they seem like they'd unbalance the game in certain ways ("just beam enemy boarders into that airless room and lock 'em in!"), but brainstorming = brain working, and a working brain is always nice to see.

Particularly after working yet another Black Friday in the retail biz...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:36 am

Well the Enemy Teleporter is such a logical idea. Too bad i'd just want to beam boarders into space :D Being able to teleport onto your own ship would also make sense.

I like the idea of a trap room, but it would only make sense if the ship was designed around that idea. Otherwise why would anyone want to go through it? A different solution may be to have the "Trap System" installed and be able to trap any room on your ship once per combat. But something similar is already possible even though probably rarely used. It requires you to upgrade your doors to lvl3 and have a Bomb weapon. Breach Bomb or Fire Bomb ideally. They don't take much energy away from your weapon system and you can target rooms on your own ship. So when you get boarded the enemy will take a looong time to destroy the door and leave the room, meanwhile you hit the room with a bomb and whatever is left of them can be mopped up even by a Zoltan or Engi.

It's kind of a lot to upgrade just to use in defense, but if you have a wimpy crew and don't mind using a weapon slot + weapon system power, then it will save you from being boarded to death.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Darkelve

Postby Darkelve » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Kieve wrote:"The Brink"? Did you perhaps mean "the brig" instead ...

Yeah, I meant the Brig. I'm not a native English speaker, so sometimes I make mistakes... :)