Game won't load

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
cigaroo

Game won't load

Postby cigaroo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 pm

When I open the game the window comes up and it starts to load, the loading bar fills up and nothing happen's.
I can hear music most of the time and I can even open the options menu when i press esc. Not even the mouse enters the window its just not visible.

I'm on steam any, if anyone knows how to fix this that would be cool.
boa13

Re: Game won't load

Postby boa13 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:52 pm

It is quite possible this is caused by outdated video drivers. Do you know how to update them? You should try that, or ask help from someone who knows.

By the way, what version of Windows do you use, and what video card do you have?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Hello. If the bar is filled up and then it doesn't start, it's likely a corrupt profile file. Delete the file located in My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight. You can create a new one if you had unlocks that you'd like to keep by using this helpful tool created by smart people on the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2877

Very sorry about the trouble.

You might need to disable the cloud saving for Steam in order for this to work since Steam might have stored the corrupted file on its servers.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Sandrock

Postby Sandrock » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm

I am also suffering from a similar issue. I run an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 on Windows Vista. I launch the game from Steam, where I get the Loading bar progressing. Once it finishes though, I hear only the music and then I get a black screen with the PC saying the game is not responding. I have already deleted the profile file and disabled cloud saving through Steam, but this did not resolve the issue.
cigaroo

Postby cigaroo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:27 pm

boa13 wrote:It is quite possible this is caused by outdated video drivers. Do you know how to update them? You should try that, or ask help from someone who knows.

By the way, what version of Windows do you use, and what video card do you have?

I updated the driver's to try fix the issue but that hasn't worked unfortunately. I am using vista, I'm afraid i know very little about computers, my video card is an Intel i believe... Lol

I'll have a crack at what Matthew said anyway and see if I can get it to work. Cheers for the help
cigaroo

Postby cigaroo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 pm

It would seem it hasn't worked, so that's not to good =/
jnugo

Postby jnugo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:42 am

I just got FTL and have the same problem with the same setup as Sandrock. I've updated my drivers and tried the few other redownload and cloud tricks. Any progress yet Sandrcok?
jnugo

Postby jnugo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 am

Has anybody figure anything out yet or is this post dead?
boa13

Postby boa13 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 pm

The post is not dead if you keep it alive politely, as you did. :)

Have you checked the stdout.txt and stderr.txt files in the folder where you installed the game?

Have you tried to move away the prof.sav file, which is maybe corrupted?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
LasBlast

Postby LasBlast » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm having the same problem - just bought the game, cannot run it. Loading bar fills, music runs then the game flips to 'Not Responding'.

I'm on Windows 7, meet the minimum spec etc as far as I can tell.

I've checked the below, they are all blank (except crashlogs, which is empty).
- stdout.txt (file)
- stderr.txt (file)
- crashlogs (directory)

I've checked for profiles, but don't have any (presumably as the game has never run).

I've enabled Beta builds as suggested by Matthew, and still nothing. Have also triedrunning as admin on my machine etc, still nothing.

HELP!