Steam cloud sync on Linux

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
mellon85

Re: Steam cloud sync on Linux

Postby mellon85 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:25 am

Soeb wrote:Ah, funny thing. This isn't actually fixed, although this time it's Valve's fault. Steam cloud doesn't listen to the case when creating the directories in which the files are stored, so something to keep in mind.

Still no fix about this? should I contact directly FTL suppor?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:31 am

mellon85 wrote:
Soeb wrote:Ah, funny thing. This isn't actually fixed, although this time it's Valve's fault. Steam cloud doesn't listen to the case when creating the directories in which the files are stored, so something to keep in mind.

Still no fix about this? should I contact directly FTL suppor?

Actually by posting here you did just contact FTL support :) Though from the rest of the thread it seems that this is completely out of their hands and is an issue with Steam. You could try to contact their technical support I suppose, maybe you'll be the one who causes them to fix it.

(I don't actually know the details of the problem as I own FTL from GOG instead of Steam, and have never used cloud sync on Steam. I'm just going by earlier posts in this very thread)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
mellon85

Postby mellon85 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:53 pm

I did it know, let's see
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 pm

You can also post here: https://getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame

There is already a thread there. Though this is the official FTL forum and the devs will respond to bug reports/issues, getsatisfaction is the prefered place to post about problems. Simply because it tends to get to the dev's attention a bit quicker.

That said, Matthew has already posted in this thread that FTL does not support Steam cloud sync officially and that it's an issue that Valve will have to adress. It does seem like it's not their highest priority right now, but it may be sorted out in the future.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:00 pm

I'll contact Valve about the problem again. I was under the impression it was fixed. Sorry for the ridiculous delay in functionality guys.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
jiia

Postby jiia » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Matthew wrote:I'll contact Valve about the problem again. I was under the impression it was fixed. Sorry for the ridiculous delay in functionality guys.

Just wanted to let you know that the sync still doesn't work. At least on Mac.

I'd really like to play this game at school when I have nothing else to do but because I also play it on my desktop it's too much of a bother to manually sync the files. Hope it gets fixed soon :)
drastik

Postby drastik » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Still not working 2014.
jiia

Postby jiia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 pm

>2014
>Professional game developers can't figure out how to enable Steam Cloud on Mac and Linux.

I'll be bumping this thread every month from now on.
boniek

Postby boniek » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:19 am

Still doesn't work (or stopped working after free expansion). This is ridiculous.
NefariousFox

Postby NefariousFox » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:45 pm

I cannot find the save file location anywhere on my hard drive, I have searched everywhere to find a save location with no luck. I'm using OpenSUSE 13.1.

I have setup SparkleShare to transfer my saves from my desktop to my laptop, and vise versa. But, without a save location I'm stuck! I've run a root search and come up with nothing. The game is a Steam installation, and I have unlocked the Engi ship just to be sure that there is a save file somewhere.

My next possible step is to run a debugger and log all actions when executing the game. But, that's a bit excessive to find a save location!