Anti-bio beam not dealing damage?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
wolkenwand

Re: Anti-bio beam not dealing damage?

Postby wolkenwand » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Anti bio beam works differently than normal beam. when using normal beam you only need hit the room to register the damage, meanwhile anti bio beam only deals damage if the laser line hit the tiles of enemy crew or make sure the laser hits the crew directly. tried it with level 2 sensors and see by yourself.
Oh and bio beam also damaged the drone, i destroyed repair drone by using this beam.
Cosmitz

Postby Cosmitz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Trust me. I was hitting exactly over the dots. Never was under the assumption that it hit by room.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I was playing as the slug ship where I had bought and upgraded sensors, and was putting a lot of work into trying to get the achievement with killing 3 crew with one beam. Many times it passed right through crew members without damaging them, especially near the start and end of beams. Note also that it was consistent, in that if I had on autofire or fired it again the exact same way it would still fail to hit the same people. However I'm not entirely sure of the rules for when it does and doesn't work.

Also, there seems to be a similar problem with the fire beam not starting fires in certain squares. I'm not entierely sure as I didn't make as much use of it, but the rooms it seemed to skip were in the same kinds of spots and angles where the anti-bio beam didn't work either.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:28 am

I'll be looking into this. Sorry for the problem :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here