Sector Names Broken

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
cassy

Sector Names Broken

Postby cassy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:01 am

Hey

My Sector Map(?) Is broken. The word 'Sector' doesn't appear when hovering over sectors i can jump to, but not when I hover over the unidentified sectors. The exception the rule is Civilian Sectors.

I think this happened when I tried to make a Generic Sector Name patch for Captain's Edition and modified the sector name XML file. Mostly because Civilian Sector and the Unidentified Sectors are named in misc.xml instead.

Ordinarily, I'd figure a reinstall of the game would solve this and i wouldn't have any issues. But that's not working.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Steam version, cleaned out the save files (which isn't much of a loss, i haven't unlocked much despite 30+ hours :p), and tried installing the DRM-free version from Humble Bundle. But nothing has worked. Is there some hidden directory/files I haven't found? Am I stuck with this issue forever, like being called Michael Corleone in the Back to the Future Telltale game?

EDIT: Even the browser version Humble Bundle lets me use is borked.

Thanks for any help!
stylesrj

Re: Sector Names Broken

Postby stylesrj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Did you make sure to remove the backup files from Slipstream or from whatever modding program you were using?
And by reinstall, did you delete everything from the FTL folder so it no longer exists?

Otherwise, I don't know what might have gone wrong and someone with better technical knowledge might be able to provide help.