I can't play the game since I can't resize the huge window.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
ijustwanttoplay

I can't play the game since I can't resize the huge window.

Postby ijustwanttoplay » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:47 am

I can't play on my retina mac because the screens windowed and scaled huge, I have searched for the settings.ini file but there isn't anything in the "SteamApps/common/FTL Faster Than Light/" folder other than the app itself. The settings for windowed or stretched in the options screen have no effect on restart and I have tried deleting all the local files and reinstalling but nothing works (also tried disabling automatic graphics switching with no luck). Am I missing something obvious?
isla

Re: I can't play the game since I can't resize the huge window.

Postby isla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:07 pm

You can get to your settings file on a Mac by going to: ~/Library/Application Support/FasterThanLight/.

First thing to do when you get there is to try just deleting settings.ini and loading up the game again (It'll create a new one).

If that doesn't work, you can try editing the settings file itself.

To start, try editing the "#Manual resolution choices - overrides anything in the options" to set the values there to match your screen size. You can begin by simply switching it to windowed mode with "windowed=1", but if that doesn't work, you can try editing the following to match your screen size.

E.g.
manual=1
screen_x=1280
screen_y=800
windowed=1
stretched=0

If you need any additional help, please feel free to email me directly: techsupport@ftlgame.com