Minimised game and now can't reopen.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Jacob

Minimised game and now can't reopen.

Postby Jacob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:43 pm

So been playing this game for a while, on The Last Stand for the hundreth time, as this time I have a good crew with some great drones and weapons, thinking it will be my time to finally kill the mothership. Then my friend messages me on skype, so I quickly alt+tab to reply to him and try to swap back, but now it won't reopen. It just changes the resolution of whatever window I've got open and puts a black box in the top left corner. The music is still playing so I know it's running. Was running the game in Fullscreen stretch I believe. Anyone know how to get back on it without closing it, was really hoping this time I could complete it. :) Gonna leave the game open as long as poss, but please reply quickly.

Many thanks,
Jacob :D
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Minimised game and now can't reopen.

Postby Matthew » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Sorry Jacob, I don't have good news for you. The library FTL uses for window management, SDL, seems to be less than consistent when it comes to alt-tabbing. I'm trying to fix bugs like these, but at the moment there's likely nothing you can do. As a long shot, you could try switching your desktop resolution to 1280x720 (to match the game), and try alt-tabbing again.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Jacob

Postby Jacob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Nope didn't work, but thanks for replying so quickly, good to see you have very active Devs here :)
ListerofSmeg

Postby ListerofSmeg » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:40 pm

When trying to alt+tab back in, game flashes up briefly or a black screen then returns to desktop
Fix I've found:
When you alt+tab back in or click the application just spam click and aim for the middle of the game/screen.

alt+tab in and simultaneously swing your mouse around and click.
FailSafe

Postby FailSafe » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:02 pm

This really still hasn't been fixed? fml ._. I just got so screwed by this
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:08 pm

You could always force quit the game and restart it. Or play in windowed mode.
It's not like your game will be completely ruined if it crashes.