Re-purchase required?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
logisniper98

Re-purchase required?

Postby logisniper98 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:17 am

i bought ftl on my ipad and this may sound stupid but if i want to get for my mac would i have to rebuy it?
ps. I thought this might be the best suited area for my question and also if you want proof i can email you a screen shot of the game along with my other ones
5thHorseman

Re: Re-purchase required?

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:00 pm

logisniper98 wrote:i bought ftl on my ipad and this may sound stupid but if i want to get for my mac would i have to rebuy it?
ps. I thought this might be the best suited area for my question and also if you want proof i can email you a screen shot of the game along with my other ones

I do believe that to get the game on different platforms, you indeed need to purchase it again.

However if you get another iPad (or another Mac once you've purchased the game the 2nd time) you would be able to get the game again from the source from which you purchased it.

This is common in video games. I own 3 versions of MInecraft (though one was free), one for PC, one for Android, and one (the free one) on my Raspberry Pi.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
logisniper98

Postby logisniper98 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:31 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
logisniper98 wrote:i bought ftl on my ipad and this may sound stupid but if i want to get for my mac would i have to rebuy it?

I do believe that to get the game on different platforms, you indeed need to purchase it again.

However if you get another iPad (or another Mac once you've purchased the game the 2nd time) you would be able to get the game again from the source from which you purchased it.

This is common in video games. I own 3 versions of MInecraft (though one was free), one for PC, one for Android, and one (the free one) on my Raspberry Pi.

the reason im asking is because they dont have the game on the mac appstore. anyway thanks for the response
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:07 am

logisniper98 wrote:the reason im asking is because they dont have the game on the mac appstore. anyway thanks for the response

Ah, that I can't help you with. I know absolutely nothing about purchasing anything on or for a Mac.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:11 am

There are Mac versions available for download on both Steam and the Humble Store, and pretty much anywhere you can buy the game (desktop one, that is), I think.

http://www.ftlgame.com/faq.html#where