Moving FTL across hard drives

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
ShinyStarship789

Moving FTL across hard drives

Postby ShinyStarship789 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:06 am

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my MacBook with an SSD, and my game app and data are on my old hard drive. I can launch the game if I hook-up the old drive through a USB, but none of my data is available. My understand so far is that I need to pull my profile out of the old drive's Library and move it over to the SSD. But does that mean I also need to reinstall FTL on the SSD? I already paid for the game, do I have to pay again just to bring it to my upgraded machine?

Thanks!
Kieve

Re: Moving FTL across hard drives

Postby Kieve » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:49 am

While I don't know the particulars of transferring files with a Mac, I can say with confidence you do not need to buy the whole game again just to move your game.
Someone else will have to get into the specifics of it, though.
ShinyStarship789

Re: Moving FTL across hard drives

Postby ShinyStarship789 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks! And yeah, I'm just not sure how to execute the transfer of both the game application and the data. I've seen instructions about going into the Library and copying over the appropriate file so that I can access my profile from the new SSD, you know, any ships and achievements that I unlocked. But I'm not sure that I can just drag the game application over from one hard drive to the next. I don't feel like that's valid, but I'm not sure what to do short of purchasing the game again, but that doesn't feel quite right either.