FTL CE freezes 10sec after startup, no matter where you are

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
maharito

FTL CE freezes 10sec after startup, no matter where you are

Postby maharito » Mon May 25, 2015 2:48 pm

The freeze is indefinite (total lockup, including the skinned mouse cursor) and does not generate an error report even if I let it sit for ten minutes. I am forced to close the application externally.

Slipstream or its backup folder is not the issue, as I downloaded it and the mods recently just to play Captain's Edition.

This is occurring with the CE Resource pack 1.27 and CE 1.275, loaded in that order, run on Windows 7 64-bit, regardless of what if any other programs I have running at the time. The freeze is not affected by whether I boot it in Steam.

I can switch to vanilla and the lockups cease. It's a problem introduced upon loading the mod.

If I boot CE with no other mods, sometimes the game will run without any problems, and sometimes it can lock up. I can literally play the game for 10 minutes, close it, reopen it, and have it lock up 10 seconds after booting it the second time. It always locks up if I load CE with other mods added.

Upon further investigation, it looks like the game will always lock up sooner or later. This does not occur with vanilla FTL or with just BPaB installed.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL CE freezes 10sec after startup, no matter where you

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Posting in the official FTL support forum probably wont help you in regards to CE. You problem could be related to your game not being to handle caching all of the CE assets. Does you PC happen to be rather bad? In that case allocating more memory to FTL might help. I recommend your read through the troubleshooting section in the first post of the CE thread.