HELP I BROKE MY GAME

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Trexmix

HELP I BROKE MY GAME

Postby Trexmix » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm

So, I was trying to import an ae_prof sav file with everything unlocked (don't hate me) and I used this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zm6bp74e02ap ... force_dl=1
Now whenever the game loads it crashes at the loading screen. I've reinstalled the game and deleted the game file containing the ae_prof file, but it still just recreates the bad file when I open up the game. Can anyone tell me what is going on, and what I should do to fix it? (I have the steam version of the game).
stylesrj

Re: HELP I BROKE MY GAME

Postby stylesrj » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Hmm, well you can right click on the game and I think it's under one of the tabs you'll find a button called "verify integrity game cache" or something.

Of course you've probably already tried that considering you reinstalled the game but, well... I don't know anything about save game modding.
Sleeper Service

Re: HELP I BROKE MY GAME

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:37 am

If that does not work you can also delete your prov.sav and AEprov.sav. The game will create a new one for you when starting the next time.