Encounter Fuel Depot without any Fuel

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
5thHorseman

Re: Encounter Fuel Depot without any Fuel

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:21 pm

stylesrj wrote:That sounds too complicated to program in to "fix" an event where you can just say all the fuel you collect explodes. "And it takes some of your own fuel in the crossfire"

"If you had any..."

It's no harder than getting rid of that idiotic (s) at the end of strings when there could be any number of items. Nothing chaps me more than "3 minute(s) until X" messages. I've removed enough of those to know it's SECONDS of work.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Re: Encounter Fuel Depot without any Fuel

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:32 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
stylesrj wrote:That sounds too complicated to program in to "fix" an event where you can just say all the fuel you collect explodes. "And it takes some of your own fuel in the crossfire"

"If you had any..."

It's no harder than getting rid of that idiotic (s) at the end of strings when there could be any number of items. Nothing chaps me more than "3 minute(s) until X" messages. I've removed enough of those to know it's SECONDS of work.

The pseudocode you put up gave me the impression you want to add 3 different text strings depending on how much fuel is left. A few seconds of work would be getting rid of the exact number of fuel canisters that explode. Then I realised that maybe I should read the event itself.

I tried finding the event to see what it exactly says about fuel. Because I don't think we've actually read the actual event for ourselves.
Couldn't find it under the obvious files (events.xml, events_zoltan/engi/pirate) so I used the Wiki which I don't trust very well...

Code: Select all

Just as you hook up to refuel, the station ignites and explodes. Your own fuel reserve ignites, losing you precious fuel and damaging your ship

This doesn't say "You lose three canisters of fuel" in the text itself. It just says your own fuel reserve goes up. Which doesn't really matter if you had one or not.
So in other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.