FTL Version 1.02.5 Live [YET ANOTHER UPDATE]

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
T0M

Re: FTL Beta Patch on Steam

Postby T0M » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:43 am

Matthew wrote:T0M, were you having those issues before the Beta patch? Or did they pop up just for 1.02? Do you experience the same slowdowns in windowed?

What video card do you have? Try disabling Automatic Graphics Switching in the Energy Saver section of System Preferences. Make sure that it's definitely using your discrete card and not the integrated one if you have an option for either.

If you play fullscreen stretched, it should look good with version 1.02 at 2560x1440. That was part of the additions to 1.02.

Glad you're enjoying the game :) Sorry about the slowdown!

I've experienced the same problems before in version 1.01 (that's why I was searching for an update/fix and found this here)

I haven't tested windowed yet, will do this asap and report here

As stated, it's an 27" iMAC (no macBook) with an 6770M or 6970M (can't remember exactly, have to look at home) - didn't know that graphic switching is also happening on them, thought only macBooks?

is there a recommended setting for the vsync on/off and fps-limiter settings? All I can test, is windowed instead of full-screen and try to disable graphic-switching (which I would be very surprised, if this happens on a non-notebook)

(thanks for the quick help)
chorx

Postby chorx » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:51 pm

http://pastebin.com/SUtsL0KH stdout.txt

monitor goes up to 1920x1200
kikito

Postby kikito » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi there!

My machine: MBA 13', 8GB, updated to the latest OSX

Results: I activated frame limitation and vsync as soon as I opened the beta. The experience so far is very good, I could play with no issues, and the fan is not spinning like crazy any more.

I would suggest enabling those two options by default, at least in OSX.

Regards!
snakehips

Postby snakehips » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Just checking in if there is any info for the non-steam/gog people for a download. Anytime soon?
T0M

Postby T0M » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 pm

T0M wrote:
Matthew wrote:T0M, were you having those issues before the Beta patch? Or did they pop up just for 1.02? Do you experience the same slowdowns in windowed?

What video card do you have? Try disabling Automatic Graphics Switching in the Energy Saver section of System Preferences. Make sure that it's definitely using your discrete card and not the integrated one if you have an option for either.

If you play fullscreen stretched, it should look good with version 1.02 at 2560x1440. That was part of the additions to 1.02.

Glad you're enjoying the game :) Sorry about the slowdown!

I've experienced the same problems before in version 1.01 (that's why I was searching for an update/fix and found this here)

I haven't tested windowed yet, will do this asap and report here

As stated, it's an 27" iMAC (no macBook) with an 6770M or 6970M (can't remember exactly, have to look at home) - didn't know that graphic switching is also happening on them, thought only macBooks?

is there a recommended setting for the vsync on/off and fps-limiter settings? All I can test, is windowed instead of full-screen and try to disable graphic-switching (which I would be very surprised, if this happens on a non-notebook)

(thanks for the quick help)

ok, no graphics switching on the iMac

game is flawless in window-mode, just full screen (stretched) lags really hard

would be great, if you could look into the fps-lags on high-resolution fullscreen-windows

thanks in advance
ideocl4st

Postby ideocl4st » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:05 am

Matthew wrote:Mac OS X version now implements Left-Ctrl+Left-Click to be equivalent to Right-Click

That alone warrants patching to beta.
Sacrificial Toast

Postby Sacrificial Toast » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 am

Since I got the Beta patch, every time I get to the third phase of the boss, his Zoltan shield disappears as soon as the fight starts.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 am

I'll check it out. Thank you SacrificialToast.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Azihayya

Postby Azihayya » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 am

Should this patch fix the terrible errors associated with playing using Windows XP?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:07 am

Sorry Azihayya, I'm not aware of the terrible errors associated with playing with Windows XP. Can you create a new post or email me about it? zasdarq@ftlgame.com
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here