FTL Version 1.02.5 Live [YET ANOTHER UPDATE]

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: FTL Beta Patch on Steam

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Actually, given that new information, please send me a dxdiag dump for both computers and the "stdout.txt" from the FTL install folder for both computers.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
xpancakes11x

Postby xpancakes11x » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:39 pm

zasdarq wrote:Actually, given that new information, please send me a dxdiag dump for both computers and the "stdout.txt" from the FTL install folder for both computers.

Ok Will do.
adaba

Postby adaba » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Finally it didn't take long, how much time expected for the patch for non-steam buyers ?
chorx

Postby chorx » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:27 am

I'm on a 4870x2, 2500k based machine.

Before the beta build I'd get insane lag, and now that I've applied the beta build all I get is a white screen. The mouse lag seems a little bit smoother, but still seems unplayable. I'm very anxious to jump into the game and play it! Here's my dxdiag.txt. http://pastebin.com/11dBmUCS

I'm going to give the game a shot on a computer with the same gpu, different cpu/mobo on a older version of windows. I'll report back on that.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 am

chorz what resolutions does your monitor support and can you please check for the file "stdout.txt" in your FTL installation folder?
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Phocoe

Postby Phocoe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:45 am

I just want to make a note of these things that I have encountered:
I'm running the game in OSX 10.6.8, and whenever I play in full screen, I can't command-tab or multitask out of ftl. This was happening before the beta patch too.

Also, with this beta patch, when using the slug's ability to sense the enemy, the red dots have turned into "quarter pies"

I'm loving the game, and I have introduced it to a bunch of my friends who are all enjoying it now. Thanks for the game. :)
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 am

Are the pies both in fullscreen and windowed? I'm not having that problem on my end.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 am

Nevermind I found out what's causing it. Thanks for the report!
T0M

Postby T0M » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 am

Hi

1st: Really like the game!
2nd: Playing on MacosX 10.8.2 (latest) with Steam and latest Beta (1.02) of FTL - activated Beta downloads like explained here

Still got heavy FPS-problems - playing in Full-Screen and tried to help by limiting FPS and activating Vsync => didn't help

At the beginning it's running smooth.. the longer the game takes, the more and heavier the FPS drops are happening (also music is slowing down, nearly unplayable if sun and enemy appear)

Would really love to know if there's a workaround for that or a quick bug-fix via update

btw. Feature-request: a little high-res tweaking for 27" (2560x1440) would be great :]
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 am

T0M, were you having those issues before the Beta patch? Or did they pop up just for 1.02? Do you experience the same slowdowns in windowed?

What video card do you have? Try disabling Automatic Graphics Switching in the Energy Saver section of System Preferences. Make sure that it's definitely using your discrete card and not the integrated one if you have an option for either.

If you play fullscreen stretched, it should look good with version 1.02 at 2560x1440. That was part of the additions to 1.02.

Glad you're enjoying the game :) Sorry about the slowdown!