Clone Bay not working on a event

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Salmiac

Clone Bay not working on a event

Postby Salmiac » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:08 am

I was using the Lanius ship with clone bay and with power level 2 and a DNA bank. In a event the ship gets a hole and 1 crewmember (a Lanius) is sucked out in space. Why didnt the clone bay just clone him? I get no explonation from the game and it makes no sense.

I know that there are events where the clone bay dosnt work like the sickness event and the old zoltan wizard but in these cases the game gives you a reason why clone bay didn't work.
stylesrj

Re: Clone Bay not working on a event

Postby stylesrj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Are you sure that's a vanilla event? Because I've never encountered that event before and there's nothing in the events list that would be so blatant.

If it was about the crazy Rock crew holding one of your dudes hostage... that one enrages me. The Rock should kill your crew and the Clone Bay should revive them, not be empty...
Salmiac

Postby Salmiac » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:37 am

I have the Steam version vanilla with advanced content on. Just did the Steam verify check and it checks out OK. I have never even installed any unofficial contect.

I cant remember the event 100% but i was like: " You stumbled upon some asteroid field, one of them rips a hole to your ship and (insert name here) was sucked out in space."

>> Continue

So I press continue thinkin "thee hee" I don't care I have Clone bay + DNA bank (it shouldnt even matter in this case because the clone bay wasn't disabled. So I get no clone and I pressed exit game and haven't played since.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:01 am

I just checked every single event that removes crew, and none match the description you gave. The closest is an engi event:

"Your away team heads home with the goods, but as they transfer back to the ship a small explosion blows the airlock and one of the crew is sucked out into space!"

But if you have a clone bay it follows with:

"Fortunately, your crewmember was close enough to the ship for the Clone Bay to revive them."

There ARE events where it feels like the bay would work but it doesn't, but in those cases the game explains why it id not.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:42 am

Salmiac wrote:I have the Steam version vanilla with advanced content on. Just did the Steam verify check and it checks out OK. I have never even installed any unofficial contect.

I cant remember the event 100% but i was like: " You stumbled upon some asteroid field, one of them rips a hole to your ship and (insert name here) was sucked out in space."

>> Continue

So I press continue thinkin "thee hee" I don't care I have Clone bay + DNA bank (it shouldnt even matter in this case because the clone bay wasn't disabled. So I get no clone and I pressed exit game and haven't played since.

Are you sure you didn't have a medbay or something and a Backup DNA bank? The DNA bank doesn't work for medbays.
There are no events in the vanilla game that instantly kill a crew member on arrival. There's always a choice or sequence leading up to it.
Salmiac

Postby Salmiac » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Just opened the game from save and I am using A Lanius ship with Clone bay (power level 2) and DNA bank. I know that airlock event and it wasn't that. I have no medbay installed.

This happened on Nebula, no hazards warnings. Clone bay and every other system is working and there was no enemy ship just that message box event like I described.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Salmiac wrote:Just opened the game from save and I am using A Lanius ship with Clone bay (power level 2) and DNA bank. I know that airlock event and it wasn't that. I have no medbay installed.

This happened on Nebula, no hazards warnings. Clone bay and every other system is working and there was no enemy ship just that message box event like I described.

The only thing I can think of is the ion storm when you manually search the wreckage for supplies and there's a chance you lose someone when two wrecks collide but the Clone Bay works there too.

There's also an event involving a nebula and some guy shouting "Abadoth" depending on how you save a survivor. But that I've only heard about on the FTL wiki. I've never encountered it and the Clone Bay should work on that too as there is a choice for a Clone Bay option in saving the guy.
smittythesmith

Postby smittythesmith » Thu May 12, 2016 5:58 pm

If a Lanius crewmember is sucked out an airlock you can't clone him because he's not dead. Lanius exist in the vacuum of space and you can't clone him just because he left.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 12, 2016 7:17 pm

The game isn't sophisticated enough to refuse reviving your Lanius in an event that targets your crew at random.