FTL:AE Steam Version crashing upon startup.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Physics

FTL:AE Steam Version crashing upon startup.

Postby Physics » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi, so I have been having this problem since yesterday, and so far it seems to be a problem I cannot solve. Recently I intalled FTL on my Steam account on my new PC and have been playing it without any faults for the past few days, I got bored with the vanilla FTL because I had to restart. (Due to me losing all of my saves somehow) so I decided to spice things up and install some mods, I downloaded and installed Slipstream, and installed some mods on that, I installed:

CorpsesAE.ftl
The Capital Cruiser.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.72.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.27.ftl
(And the 2 mods which come with Slipstream Mod manager, forgot what they are)

After installing all these successfully it ran fine, then I decided to use an application FTL Profile Editor v24-Win.zip I used it to get my ships back, which failed, now All that happens is crashing.
On Steam, I have de-installed, re-installed, countless time's have failed, I have deleted my save, still no success, removed all mods and the profile editor, still no success, Opened up the FTL game files on steam, tinkered with them including removing everything and validating, validating on it's own, removing data.dat, nothing I have tried has worked, If you need anything more (information wise) I will happily post it. Some help would be nice.

This did happen before on an older Mac laptop when I tried to use mods but that also broke. FTL does not work on that Laptop or my current Steam.

EDIT:
I was rooting around the Steamapps FTL file after I had de-installed it and found this crash log. It's possibly a crash report from when I removed the data.dat file and attempted to launch it but if it is then this might not help.

Version = 1.5.13

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x006b36be
2 - 0x00405d7a
3 - 0x0065da28
4 - 0x00751b5b
5 - 0x004010fd
6 - 0x77bcb5af RtlInitializeExceptionChain
7 - 0x77bcb57a RtlInitializeExceptionChain