[Glitch?] Shield Graphic/Timer Graphic not cycling properly

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Kiloace

[Glitch?] Shield Graphic/Timer Graphic not cycling properly

Postby Kiloace » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:09 am

Hello everyone!

I recently downloaded FTL: Advanced Edition, eager to return to the game and mod development (some of you may recognize me from a couple of years ago). To ensure that all the mod resources could be brought up to date with the stock game, I downloaded v1.6 of Slipstream and patched the game's stock data DAT files. After launching the game, I decided to test AE's functionality on the Mantis Cruiser, and it all seems to be running fine, apart from the shield and timer graphics apparently not cycling through their animations properly.

I don't have a picture, but the timer's miniature blips do not wind down (the graphic appears as a blue ring with a number in the middle, but only the number changes) and when the shields are taken down to nothing, rather than the shield layer disappearing completely, I am left with a level 1 shield graphic, which is sustained, until the shields recharge. I don't really know what to make of it. My best guess for the shield one is that the game must be having trouble registering a fully drained shield, because the animations are otherwise okay.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does it have to do with the stock patch I ran with Slipstream Mod Manager? I appreciate it!