Crew acting like idiots

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Derryth

Crew acting like idiots

Postby Derryth » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm not really sure if this is a bug, but it is definately a pretty annoying feature if it's working as intended. I've somehow managed to have several real issues with this problem and I don't so much hate losing, but I hate losing when it's because my crew are acting completely illogically. The issue happens when the enemy sends one of those drones, I think it's a boarding drone, that tries to wreak havoc on your ship. What happens is that I manage to either destroy the enemy ship or they jump away and I'm left with a useless lifeless piece of scrap metal on my ship. If I send my crew over there they shoot at the drone until it breaks down and the problem is solved, theoretically. Of course if my crew were really smart, they'd throw that drone right out the nearest air lock, but you can't have everything.

This drone situation becomes a wee bit larger problem however when you happen to have the hull breach on the same room. Like complete lemmings my crew insist on shooting at the drone that poses absolutely no threat while all the oxygen is quickly escaping through the gaping hole in the hull and suffocating them. For extra bonus points this sometimes happens in my Medbay and so I am left with no way to heal my crew so they can survive long enough to both take out that pesky drone and repair the hull. Then I am left in the middle of space with no way to heal my crew and a huge hole in my hull which is pretty much a guaranteed death sentence. If only my crew were smart enough to take care of the bigger problem first... And yes, I am slightly peeved by this right now, because sometimes it feels like I have the worst luck in the whole universe. :P
ParanoikCZE

Re: Crew acting like idiots

Postby ParanoikCZE » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Yeah .. doing holes in medbay and starting fire on whole ship is my favourite death ... of enemies ;P

well .. sys / hull repair drones are must (for me). I can say that I can't survive second fight against flagship without them. So, I'm getting them asap in every game.