Fire spreading illogically

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
icepick

Re: Fire spreading illogically

Postby icepick » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Well there's two different mechanics at play, right? When does fire start, and when does it spread.

1) Fires can start at any time. Even on ships with no oxygen (like drones).
2) They can spread even if their mother fire has gone out (though not for very long after).

I have seen both behaviors on many many playthroughs. It seems impossible to miss them. I'm not trying to argue or put words in dev's mouths, just saying that this seems to be working as intended since it happens so often. It's not a rare occurrence. But you're right that that doesn't make it not a bug.

Anywho this whole thread has put the ill back in illogical and I'm sorry that I was a moron herein (which is now readily apparent to me. x[ )

Anywho. No hard feelings, yeah?

If you really think it's a bug that's worth looking at, I'd post it in on the getsatisfaction page where it's much more likely to get seen/read/answered
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:43 am

Posting the report is definitely valid, thank you for taking the time to inform us of a potential problem. In this case, fire is working as intended so it's not a bug. But don't let that stop you from questioning any potential future bugs :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 am

You're not a moron and there's no hard feelings. It makes sense from a game design perspective to allow fires to start in airless rooms because it gives fire weapons some limited use against AI ships.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.