[UPDATE] FTL v. 1.5.13 - Live on Steam

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL v. 1.5.12 - Patch - Live on Steam

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 19, 2014 11:55 am

Update: This patch is now live on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It will make its way to Humble and GOG builds within a week or so. The iPad version will be a bit longer as it's not complete and will still need Apple certification. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Thanks for still taking the time to polish FTL and work on fixing some small bugs.

Here are some things I have noticed that aren't mentioned in the list of changes:
  • If you press the Send Crew button and one of your crew is cloning the game will send them to the system the cloning crew was manning will be "blocked" preventing you from sending any other crew to man the system until your crew is done cloning and you can give them a new order. (this affected me while being boarded, I sent crew back to stations while my door man was cloning and was boarded right after, I couldn't send another crew to man the doors since the terminal was '"occupied")
  • Drones fire at explosion animations from intercept able projectiles, as of the projectiles were still traveling.

• These ones only affects mods.
  • 0 damage projectiles all base through Zoltan shields. Maybe this will be fixed with the System Repair fix. :)
  • Making artillery purchasable at stores and the buying the system at a store will cause continue.sav files to crash the game after saving & quitting. Several modders have been spending the last few weeks coming up with new unique artillery for every player ship since you so awesomely made artillery systems able to use different weapons. ;) The discovery of this is a major roadblock. :( It was very hard for us to notice this limitation.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: FTL v. 1.5.12 - Beta Patch - Testers Requested

Postby Matthew » Mon May 19, 2014 3:48 pm

@Russian Rockman: Thanks! I think the Send Crew issue was fixed as part of a related crash fix with returning cloning crew. And the excessive drone shooting is marked as a to do for a future patch still.

With the mod issues, that's stuff I'll have to look into once I'm happy with the state of the non-modding bugs.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
RAD-82

Re: [UPDATE] FTL v. 1.5.13 - Beta Patch

Postby RAD-82 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Matthew wrote:UPDATE
Version 1.5.13 - Beta Patch Part 2
  • A few more text edits and event script errors fixed

I was about to say that the CRYSTAL_HELP_DIG wasn't fixed in 1.5.12, but then I noticed a Steam Update, and now it was fixed. :)

Minor inconsistency issue (which can probably wait for a future patch) with the deadCrew event that was fixed on the REBEL_FEDERATION_PDS ship in the dlcEventsOverwrite file: it has <choice> instead of <choice hidden="true">.

Another issue that can also wait for a future patch is the COMBAT_DRONE_LIST having DRONE_FIREBEAM. I understand how COMBAT_FIRE wouldn't apply to the event that uses this list and that is why it was probably removed, but I don't know how that drone's weapon made it onto the list. :lol: I'm sure it is completely harmless until some modder comes along and tries to use the list as a loot table and the game is unable to find a drone by the name of DRONE_FIREBEAM.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 20, 2014 6:46 am

Matthew wrote:@Russian Rockman: Thanks! I think the Send Crew issue was fixed as part of a related crash fix with returning cloning crew. And the excessive drone shooting is marked as a to do for a future patch still.

With the mod issues, that's stuff I'll have to look into once I'm happy with the state of the non-modding bugs.

YOU "ROCK"!!!!! :D. Good Luck with everything, both of you.
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Tue May 20, 2014 5:58 pm

So, I purchased FTL on Humble Bundle awhile back, (version 1.5.4+, I think) and I was just wondering when the newest updates will be available? Also how would I go about getting these updates?
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Tue May 20, 2014 6:01 pm

kestreladmiral wrote:So, I purchased FTL on Humble Bundle awhile back, (version 1.5.4+, I think) and I was just wondering when the newest updates will be available? Also how would I go about getting these updates?

Disregard above post. I figured out :D
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:46 pm

autoBlueprints.xml: blueprintList WEAPONS_MISSILES used for events lacks MISSILES_HULL

dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml: blueprintList WEAPONS_MISSILES_EVENTS used for events lacks MISSILES_HULL

events_mantis.xml: There seems to be new "item" events here, but I'm not sure they are ever called. One of these events, MANTIS_GAMBLE, has the option of running from your debt if you lose.

(Adv. Engines) Dodge the debt and power up the engines.

If you chose red, you get this text and the scrap you bet is returned:

You recall the scrap you prepared to send and are able to get out of the cruiser's firing range before they can react. However, a smaller ship breaks off from a patrol and moves in to engage.

If you chose blue, you get this text and you don't get to keep the scrap that you were trying to avoid giving away:

You are able to get out of firing range of the cruiser before they can react. However, a smaller ship breaks off from a patrol and moves in to engage.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 pm

I was watching a YouTube video, link starting at 17:47, and I noticed that the person didn't receive a scrap reward from the second part when he got a crew member.

This is the ship REBEL_FEDERATION_PDS in dlcEventsOverwrite again. :roll:

It seems that it says <autoReward level="MED">scrap</autoReward> for the <gotaway>, <destroyed>, and <deadCrew> events. scrap doesn't appear to be a valid tag for <autoReward>. I did a quick search of the other event files, and this seems to be the only one with this problem.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun May 25, 2014 2:11 am

Found a bug in events_ships.xml. The ship CRYSTAL_HUNTER remains hostile when you accept their surrender.
stvip

Re: [UPDATE] FTL v. 1.5.13 - Live on Steam

Postby stvip » Sat May 31, 2014 10:45 pm

Linux version still not live on Humble Bundle.