Clash of the Titans not unlocking - AE

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
hewito

Re: Clash of the Titans not unlocking - AE

Postby hewito » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:57 am

Is it possible this bug was re-introduced in a later update? I'm running 1.5.4, and I have finally (after maaaaaaany tries) counted up to 17 destroyed rock ships - no unlock : (

What's going on? Anyone still experiencing this?
ClashOfTitans

Postby ClashOfTitans » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:04 pm

The same here. I'm playing with 1.5.13 with AE (from HumbleBundle) and counted about 20 destroyed rock/pirate ships. Nevertheless the archivement is still unlocked. Therefore I installed a game editor and it shows that only 11 rock/pirate ships were counted. So there seems to be still (or again) a problem with this archivement. It would be great if this gets fixed (again). Thanks in advance!

Edit: Oh I probably misunnderstood the archivement: the game counts pirates that are rock ships, but not all pirate ships in general. Seems like this is intended.
Freddyyyyyyy

Postby Freddyyyyyyy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am

Finally someone else that's got the same issue as me. I've been driving myself crazy trying to complete this! I thought normal pirate ships counted, but now someone mentioned that the rock pirate ships might not count? It is going to be a struggle to find 3 set of rock worlds, so perhaps here's an idea. Just start a new go with the update turned off (for more chance of rock worlds/sectors) keep starting again and again until you start next to a shop that sells long range scanners (as they are hard to come across in the previous version) then when you get to the sector map, if you don't see at least 3 red dots en route, then start again as you know there won't be many rock ships? This is just my idea which i'm going to try next. Goodluck!
rhaining

Postby rhaining » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:21 pm

BTW, I was ultimately able to satisfy the conditions of this achievement on Hard/Advanced mode, on the latest version, on an iPad. But it took me ~100 runs! And because I refuse to abandon games (because I like keeping my win ratio as high as possible), this took me a very, very long time (and raised my win ratio because it's easy to win with Crystal ships). ~30 of those runs were tainted with the bug that didn't correctly count Rock Pirate ships, but to the best of my knowledge, that bug was fixed. If you're running the latest version, Rock Pirate ships will count towards the total (but non-Rock Pirate ships will not count). But it still took me ~70 runs with the bug fix to do it! I also asked the devs to consider rebalancing this achievement, but I believe they never got to that before moving on and suspending support.

Bottom line:
* Make sure you're running the latest/final version of the game to avoid a bug that doesn't count Rock Pirate ships
* It's easier to get this achievement on Hard with Advanced content disabled, if that works for you
* If you insist on getting the achievement on Hard/Advanced, consider trashing games quickly to get an early LRS + route through many red sectors
* If you insist on getting the achievement on Hard/Advanced without trashing games (like me), be prepared for a very long slog

More info here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/664216-f ... t/70487471