Destroyed Defense Drone still shot missle

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
WealthyAardvark

Destroyed Defense Drone still shot missle

Postby WealthyAardvark » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 am

I was fighting a Rebel Invader with a Basic Laser and an Artemis Launcher with my Engi A. I had launched my Defense Drone, and after shooting down several missiles the laser shot it and it was destroyed. At that moment, the Artemis had a missile incoming. Within about a second of destruction, a laser shot out of the space where the defense drone had been, shooting down the missile. I'm pretty sure the shot happened in the brief window between the actual destruction of the drone and when the "Drone rebuilding after unexpected destruction" countdown started.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Destroyed Defense Drone still shot missle

Postby Matthew » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks for the report :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Matthew wrote:Thanks for the report :)

Similarly (and I think I saw this reported before) I hit an anti-drone-drone with a lucky ion shot and it started spinning around. The enemy's shields were down so I turned on my combat drone to sneak a couple shots in and the anti-drone-drone, while electrified and spinning, shot my combat drone.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:24 am

I've fixed the problem where a stunned defense drone can shoot, but I think it's unrelated to the destroyed drone shooting... something I still need to check though.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Check out this video of it in action. (If you pause right, you can see it fire the laser after it had been shot.) The defense drone fires while the explosion animation is playing. Also, the drone's icon in the systems bar doesn't turn red until after the explosion animation finishes playing. Conclusion: The drone isn't actually destroyed until the explosion animation finishes.

However... over here my first reaction was to use this bug to mod in semi-invincible drones. :mrgreen: Of course, it was pointed out in the next post that this isn't possible since that explosion animation is shared a bunch. *Shrug* Then again, this post makes me wonder if maybe the whole 'things not dying until after their explosion animation is over' thing might be an issue with the entire game.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!