New crew member saved from enemy ship did not appear

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
bobthe

New crew member saved from enemy ship did not appear

Postby bobthe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 pm

In my game yesterday evening I was in an odd situation that happens from time to time where I won the battle, destroying the enemy ship in the process, but enemy crew were still on my ship fighting my crew. When I won the battle a screen popped up saying that I had saved a crew member and he was joining my crew. When the screen went away, the new crew member was nowhere to be found. I paused immediately to find where he appeared since there was still crew fighting on my ship, but he didn't appear anywhere, either immediately or after the crew combat ended. I suspect this bug was caused at least in part by the crew combat still happening on my ship when the event from destroying the enemy ship happened, but this is speculation.

EDIT: I'm playing the latest version with the expansion, downloaded and installed on 4/19/2014, on PC (Windows 7 x64)
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: New crew member saved from enemy ship did not appear

Postby Matthew » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Any chance you remember any of the text from the event?
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
wheffle

Postby wheffle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I've been having a similar problem. Multiple times I've experienced getting a crew member as a reward but not actually receiving the crew member. I didn't think to record in what circumstances this has been happening. If it happens in the future I will be sure to try and glean more details.

I have the latest version from steam, advanced content enabled.
Ray Robertson

Postby Ray Robertson » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:43 pm

wheffle wrote:I've been having a similar problem. Multiple times I've experienced getting a crew member as a reward but not actually receiving the crew member. I didn't think to record in what circumstances this has been happening. If it happens in the future I will be sure to try and glean more details.

I have the latest version from steam, advanced content enabled.

Just to make certain, what is your version number?

This used to happen in v1.5.4, but has been fixed since. I'm thinking that maybe for some reason your install didn't upgrade perhaps.
BlackTalon

Postby BlackTalon » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:14 am

I've not notched any updates on Steam recently but I'm having the same issue and I don't remember having this happen has often (if at all) as I've experienced it in the last week.

The encounters i remember are.....
#1) Encountered an Engie ship attacking a Mantis ship when the last crew member, a mantis, teleports over to my ship. He asks for sanctuary and he will join my crew. The Engies ask for him to be returned to them. I sided with the Mantis, easily won the battle but never had him actually appear on my ship. The only time I saw him was when the narration window popped up telling me about the encounter.

#2) Encountered a pirate attacking a ship. Had the option to ignore the fight and go on but I played the hero. Defeated the pirate easily but when I go to the damaged ship only one crew lives, a Rock named Emma. The Rock offers to join my crew in the narration window but when I click off the window the Rock isn't in my crew at all.

This has happened on separate playtimes in different games.