Mouse Pointer stuck along top edge of game window. Mac/Steam

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
chazwhiz

Mouse Pointer stuck along top edge of game window. Mac/Steam

Postby chazwhiz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 am

I'll post this via getsatisfaction as well, just putting it here in case anyone knows a quick fix...

Mac Version Via Steam - v1.5.10
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 Up to date Mac OS
Playing via Trackpad, no external mouse handy to test...
Playing in Windowed mode.

Odd bug. I had a game in progress earlier today, closed the laptop. Usually no issue. When I opened laptop later to resume the mouse pointer is "stuck" along the top edge of the game window. I can move it left and right, but not down. It stays stuck. If I move out past the game window, the standard system pointer reappears and I can use it fine. I don't think it's an OS issue, as soon as I click back into FTL (or CMD-Tab) the pointer is again stuck.

Image: Image

I would really prefer not to give up this game if at all possible :D , but there doesn't seem to be a way to access save via keyboard? If there is please let me know and I'll restart to see if it happens again. I guess I'll give up the game regardless if no one has a workaround... but here's hoping! And then hopefully whatever causing it can be longterm fixed.

Thanks!