Alt-Tab on Mac OS

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
RagePistachioEater

Alt-Tab on Mac OS

Postby RagePistachioEater » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:22 am

Hi,

I've noticed playing FTL on Mac that you can't Alt-Tab in-game. I would describe this as a feature request or a bug but you can decide :)

I've noticed this to happen with other games in the past but I'm unsure how they fixed it. For example Blizzard had this problem with Starcraft 2 during the beta. There have been some other indie's I've noticed this too, but their names are lost on me.
RagePistachioEater

Re: Alt-Tab on Mac OS

Postby RagePistachioEater » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28 am

I suppose I should add that on Mac OS the command is Command-Tab instead. This is only a fullscreen mode issue.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 pm

It's on my list of things to look into once the bigger priorities (like bugs) get sorted. Sorry about that.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
justforthis

Postby justforthis » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:49 am

Please for the love of god fix this. This is far more important than any non-gamebreaking bug. For christ's sake, you can't even access Force Quit if the game crashes. It's insane that you haven't prioritised this higher - the ability to leave the fullscreen window should be a basic part of every single app. I love FTL but I'm not buying your next game if it doesn't have cmd-tab.
Fien

Postby Fien » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi! I've just bought the game and I am sad that I cannot CMD+Tab out of it on OS X. Any chance this bug can be fixed? :)
Planless

Postby Planless » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:43 pm

well...i've been looking around quite some time now, still couldn't find a solution to the cmd + tab problem. is it just that i hasn't been fixed yet, or does it have to do with my OS (10.6.8)? because i've stumbled upon a blizzard games forum post that basically said 10.6.8 full screen mode is broken, so i guess it could just be my OS....
monstertrucker

Postby monstertrucker » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Matthew wrote:It's on my list of things to look into once the bigger priorities (like bugs) get sorted. Sorry about that.

Hey Matthew,

I love FTL a lot. It's one of the few games I can return to over and over again. I hope you're still out there and the game can still see some development to resolve this issue.

Task switching is very important to me as I often find myself running through a few jumps while waiting for a build to finish or for someone to reply to an e-mail, or whatever. It's hard to check on these things, especially since I have to finish a battle to leave the game (which is great! don't change that. just add task switching for OS X, please).