[GNU/Linux] Random crashes

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
ml41515

Re: [GNU/Linux] Random crashes

Postby ml41515 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Finally time to play FTL again. Thanks, darkstar!
githlar

Postby githlar » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:08 am

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I just wanted to say that this bug (double free due to PulseAudio) still exists in FTL: Advanced Edition and this is still a viable fix. I wish there was information about this testing version of the library, but the current version of libbass as of today does not work with FTL:AE and PulseAudio, nor does the version currently shipped with v1.5.13 (at least via HumbleBundle).
misha

Postby misha » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:16 am

Sorry to bring up an old thread from the dead again, but this has suddenly started happening to me in Debian testing/unstable for the last month :( I think it may have very rarely happened in the past, but now it's happening very often to the point that I can't play and I really want to play it.
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:56 pm

After upgrading from Linux Mint 13 to 17, the sounds in FTL started sounding compressed, music is fine. Tried the latest libbass files from un4seen, but didn't help. In Mint 13 both FTL sound and music were fine, so I guess the problem is some incompatibility of libbass/libbassmix with newer versions of system sound files.