Touchscreen support

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Meisterli

Re: Touchscreen support

Postby Meisterli » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:39 am

I would also very much love to see a touchscreen mode of some kind in the Windows/Linux Version of the game. I have a x86 Windows 8 Tablet as well and it's really sad that a game that feels so perfect for such a device is unplayable due to the mouse movements not being translated correctly and some buttons on the screen missing. If possible, could you just port the iPad interface over or something of that kind?
DerPopo

Postby DerPopo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:48 pm

I fixed the cursor in fullscreen for touchscreens : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26647
I am planning to add gestures to SDL.dll for space and right click so full touchscreen support is possible.

Edit : Now it contains gestures for space, right click and escape. The only thing you cannot do with the mod using a touchpad is entering names.
eliw00d

Postby eliw00d » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Registered to +1. Touchscreen support would be great for this game!
Thornbrier

Postby Thornbrier » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:23 am

I know, this is probably deserving of a 'most necroed' label, but seriously, we could really use that touchscreen support. More and more computers are heading toward touchscreen and everything about this game cries out to be touchscreen compatible. It's been a couple years since we were told it was being worked on.

In most programs my Surface Pro 3 stylus would fix this problem for me, but for some reason, the coding here treats the stylus location the same as a finger. I've never seen that happen before.
zerovirus

Postby zerovirus » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Made an account to keep the Necro-train alive, just bought this game a few days ago.. just had the idea that it would be perfect on touchscreen laptop, (one of the foldy ones) but... of course it is not supported.

You guys made an I-Pad port, comn..

Consider this a petition, we want you to patch in touchscreen support!