[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:56 am

That's assuming the wormhole brought you into an area with hyperspace beacons and well not pretty much anywhere in space.

Eden frowned "Stable? Your AI said it was going to collapse shortly after it had formed. That is NOT a stable wormhole! I had no intention of going in there and it still threw me in there and you have the audacity to claim it is stable!"
Her fingers hovered over the "Charge" button for her weapons. "I can see why people find the Rebellion appealing to them; if every Federation warship goes off on an exploration mission instead of completing their original task... this is why I chose to work in the civilian sector... if a Hauler Captain strayed from the trade routes or was late on delivery without a reasonable excuse..."
"Eden, there's something on the sensors, we can figure out who..." Lux said just as a red Crystal ship uncloaked nearby. It immediately hailed, revealing a small group of red Crystals facing each other and not the screen. Almost like someone had butt-dialled the comms, Lux thought to herself.

"Look! I told you our random jumping would pay off! Lets fight them!"
"They even brought the Metal-Eaters with them!"
"Yeah! This will be fun! Carnelian Crushers! Attack!"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 am

stylesrj wrote:That's assuming the wormhole brought you into an area with hyperspace beacons and well not pretty much anywhere in space.

Eden frowned "Stable? Your AI said it was going to collapse shortly after it had formed. That is NOT a stable wormhole! I had no intention of going in there and it still threw me in there and you have the audacity to claim it is stable!"
Her fingers hovered over the "Charge" button for her weapons. "I can see why people find the Rebellion appealing to them; if every Federation warship goes off on an exploration mission instead of completing their original task... this is why I chose to work in the civilian sector... if a Hauler Captain strayed from the trade routes or was late on delivery without a reasonable excuse..."
"Eden, there's something on the sensors, we can figure out who..." Lux said just as a red Crystal ship uncloaked nearby. It immediately hailed, revealing a small group of red Crystals facing each other and not the screen. Almost like someone had butt-dialled the comms, Lux thought to herself.

"Look! I told you our random jumping would pay off! Lets fight them!"
"They even brought the Metal-Eaters with them!"
"Yeah! This will be fun! Carnelian Crushers! Attack!"

Ruwen came on on their screen, they saw the signal

"This is Scout Ruwen returning from the war, they are not hostile we come in piece" he declared in his crystal tones

The crystals were clearly surprised but the weapons were not going down yet

"We discovered who they were, we created the Lanius, the war was a big misunderstanding, I swear by the Honor of our People" Ruwen said over the comes
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:24 pm

The Crystals didn't seem to be the sort who'd listen to reason - they immediately got off their seats and rushed out of the room, leaving their comms open and seats still spinning. Sensors indicated that they were all moving towards the teleporter onboard their ship, leaving their vessel without a pilot.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:05 pm

stylesrj wrote:The Crystals didn't seem to be the sort who'd listen to reason - they immediately got off their seats and rushed out of the room, leaving their comms open and seats still spinning. Sensors indicated that they were all moving towards the teleporter onboard their ship, leaving their vessel without a pilot.

"They must be teleporting, listen Eden when they come on board try not to kill them, we can reason with them I swear" Ruwen said trying to believe the crystals wouldn't change this must
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:38 pm

"Reason with them?" Eden asked with a frown "These guys are behaving like a rowdy Mantis hive without a leader... are you sure you can reason with them? I'm a Human and it's not like I can order the Rebels around just because I am one."
This still isn't over Jake for getting us in this bloody mess, she thought to herself.

Two of the Crystals teleported onboard the Scarab, right into the medbay and locked it down with a barrier of red Crystals. The other two teleported onto the Pelican and did the same thing with their medical facilities.
"Where's the Azurite hiding!? Come on out you coward! I know you're in here!"
"Maybe he's in another room?"
"They can't fight outside of their hospitals, everyone knows that! Tear this room apart!"

It's been a few thousand years since Ruwen last saw his homeworlds... why wouldn't they be in factions?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:41 pm

stylesrj wrote:"Reason with them?" Eden asked with a frown "These guys are behaving like a rowdy Mantis hive without a leader... are you sure you can reason with them?"
This still isn't over Jake for getting us in this bloody mess, she thought to herself.

Two of the Crystals teleported onboard the Scarab, right into the medbay and locked it down with a barrier of red Crystals. The other two teleported onto the Pelican and did the same thing with their medical facilities.
"Where's the Azurite hiding!? Come on out you coward! I know you're in here!"
"Maybe he's in another room?"
"They can't fight outside of their hospitals, everyone knows that! Tear this room apart!"

It's been a few thousand years since Ruwen last saw his homeworlds... why wouldn't they be in factions?

(Exactly, Ruwen still thinks the crystals are wise people, albeit ones mistaken about the lanius, he doesn't know things have changed for the worse there is a council still but now its more of a United nations of Factions and clans)

"Damn it in the medbay, alright Grom, Gorlag and Ruwen you make sure to take them down, no lethal force we want to interogate them" Bren ordered

"Right" everyone called and the large rock, the slug and Crystal ran towards the medbay working to break through the crystal and take out the hostiles, meanwhile Bren was pulling the ship away from the ship, hopefully outside of teleporter range
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Meanwhile the Crystal ship itself seemed to have weapons of its own and they were targeting the Mutare while the autopilot sent it on a guided collision course with the high-tech ship.

Because if a ship can attack while all its crew is onboard... why not? Also gives Jake something to do.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 am

"It was stable for a moment! True, it was going to collapse, but it was stable as in we could go through it safely! There was no way to know that it would shift and send us to another dimension! Yes, it was a risk... but it was worth-" Jake was stopped when a Crystal ship attacked.

The Crystal ship began firing, and Jake's shields were down because of the argument before. He didn't want it to look like he had to defend himself from his own fleet, or that he was scared of the Pelican opening fire. It was a trust thing, and he wanted to show an image of friendliness and good will. But now, the Crystal ship was shooting at him, and by the time the shields were up a series of Crystal shards tore across the hull.

The shards caused minimal damage because they hit one of the patches of original, extra resilient hull plating. Still, it scratched up the paint. (Not that there was much paint left on the Mature, when he got it the top layer of hull plating metal was severely ion-swept and almost all the paint had singed off already)

The shields were up, but the Purple shield wouldn't recharge without Hyperspatial energy from the next Jump. Jake opened fire with the weapons, causing cracks to spread along the glossy enemy hull. Shards of broken crystal fell away as the Crystal ship moved to dodge another few shots.

Jake fired another series of shots from his other weapon, (something called an 'Anti-Proton Laser' according to the Ship's data-banks. Who knows what that is...) and the lasers caused craters to form in the hull.

It didn't take long before the Crystal ship was totally disabled. It would only take a few more shots to smash the ship to pieces, but Jake left it simply disabled for now.

"Fleet Commander Jake Collins to all United Rogue Union vessels. Enemy ship has been disabled. Do not destroy it. Repeat, do not destroy the enemy ship, it is disabled."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:47 am

Eden and her crew were busy trying at the Medbay trying to prevent the damage. The doors slid open to reveal a large crystalline barrier over the entrance. Due to the hasty nature of the Crystal Lockdown however, they were already starting to shatter and crack into pieces. Blaster fire didn't seem to accelerate the fracturing though.
Lux moved forward with her blade and surprisingly, the Mantis-limb-turned-sword went right through. A crystalline hand grabbed the weapon and forced the girl inside the Medbay. Suddenly the barrier reformed as his partner put up his. "Looks like there's squishy meatbags on this one..."
He looked towards Lux in the Crystal equivalent of an evil grin as he formed a sword of his own in imitation of Lux's weapon. "Hey meatbag, you should be honoured that you get to face us in battle!"

Lux didn't exactly have a witty retort to say in response. Instead her mind went to an episode of Captain Awesome where the man was facing off against a lost Rockman tribe.
There he was forced into combat over and over without rest. During the last fight however, he threw down his sword and presented his neck for his opponent's blade. The Rockmen, believing in honourable battle and not an execution spared his life and he was able to be teleported back to his ship...

The Mantis-blade clattered to the deck as Lux let go and looked back at Crystal, daring him to strike her down. "Aww you're no fun..." he said, raising his blade up high "I'll just say you died in..."
"Luxanna, activate earplugs!"
The concentrated blaster fire broke a small hole through the barrier and a grenade was rolled in which made a bright flash of light and loud earsplitting whining sound. While it wasn't on a frequency that could shatter the complex crystalline structure of a Crystalman, their makeup didn't exactly do well for sound dampening as it echoed throughout their bodies, causing great pain; enough time to rush in and subdue the Crystals.

So yeah now you sort of know what to expect from fighting the Carnelian Crushers. They like to fight...
and don't like people wussing out by trying to appeal to honour or something :D
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 am

Over with the Scarab Bren watched on the Cameras his crew mates taking out the crystals, sadly one was completely shattered by the mean right fist of Grom but Ruwen was able to weaken the other one enough they could hit him with the stun gun and capture him.

"Good work team, Eden hows things on your end?" Bren asked