One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Nomiddlename

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby Nomiddlename » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:22 am

"Weapons won't be nessesary."
Arkangel dashed towards the airlock and saw the rebel ship near, firing off volleys of lasers and missiles. He then spoke over the comms.
"I'm boarding. Nazia, feel free to do the same, but do know that I will be targeting the helm, so aim for the weapons or something." After strapping on a jetpack, he flew towards the area that looked like a helm. When he impacted however, he spotted a vaguely humanoid figure, maybe a Rockman. That's not right. Rebels are xenophobic. It was at that moment that Arkangel realised that the large figure was... made of metal?
He sighed in exasperation. "Oh boy. Haven't dealt with these in a long time."
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:21 am

Nazia reached the airlock door as Arkangel flew off, shaking her head.

The audacity of some people...

As she waited for the rebel ship's volley to go off so that she wouldn't get hit, she noticed the Anti-Personnel Drone that had went out to meet Arkangel and got worried. The things were a whole lot tankier than Lanius, and it didn't need oxygen. Even if he did manage to destroy it, another one would be wheeling out for him moments later. As the burst laser on the enemy ship pinged harmlessly on the shields, she took out the scan results of the enemy ship and located the drone bay. Quickly matching the results on the screen with what was in front of her, she dived into space, moving too fast for the ship to dodge.

Just as she landed on the hull, she realized that she forgot all her weapons. Shed have to make do with it, though, as time was of the essence. Morphing into the drone room, she started wrecking the systems. Continuing to focus on the system even after the rebel barged in and started pounding on her. She knew that he would leave eventually because of the lack of oxygen, but she started to wonder if they had a level two oxygen when she didn't feel any difference. Pushing the rebel away to stall temporarily, she opened comms and contacted Targon.

"Can you flak the oxygen system?"

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Cathos' breath steadied after he sat back on his chair. As he gripped the controls again, his mind drifted to what Quintet would use to get info out of the rebel. Death threats wouldn't work on a suicide bomber. He dwelled on it for a moment more longer before remembering a foolproof method Nazia had that Cathos knew for a fact wasn't part of Rebel Interrogation Resistance training. He zoned out for a moment before the sound of lasers being fired woke him up. He didn't have time to dodge them, but thankfully, one of them missed because the ship was trying to rotate to dodge Nazia. He quickly patched up some controls damage in the fight and focused on the rebel ship.
Injustice Rains From Above!
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:27 am

"Uh-huh." Targon frowned in concentration as he aimed at the oxygen system on the enemy ship.

"I think I got it..." He fired and the debris soared through empty space, swirling and getting larger every second. Part of it hit the Oxygen system, while another chunk completely ignored the room and smacked into the engines. One of them spluttered, and then died down, causing the enemy ship to start a slow curve away from them.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:45 am

Arkangel readied his blades and looked up at the drone. Hiding won't be an option, it can sense my presence. Luckily the things are quite mundane. He then dashed forward and sliced at it twice. His attacks made some dents in the armour, but nothing seemed to get through. The anti-personnel drone retaliated with a barrage of plasma in Arkangel's general direction. He managed to morph into the wall to avoid the shots, but not without getting hit a couple of times. At that moment he heard another bump to the ship. Nazia's arrived. Hopefully she has the brains to batter the drone system. He leapt out the wall and jabbed at it several times with blazing speed. However, the drone was still more or less unaffected, save a minor rip in its armour. He was winding back for another attack when the drone opened its other arm to reveal a huge plasma cannon, which fired a large green bolt. Arkangel was gravely wounded by the blast, a hole in his torso and bleeding heavily. At that point, he looked straight at the machine.

He sighed. "Does the thing even know who I am?"

Before the drone could react, a massive blade emerged from his arms, bigger than the room itself. Arkangel then whirled it around his body before finally striking the drone, severing it in two. In the process he also cleaved the wall to his right, revealing Nazia hacking away at the drone system. After quickly ending the rebel who was firing on her, he faced the other Lanius.
"I'm getting too old for this," he said with an exasperated sigh. "Seriously. I'm 462."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:11 pm

"What does this button do?" Tabitha asked, pressing a green button on the shield console. "Supercharge activated. Warning. Emitter unstable. Failsafe activated."
Suddenly one of the shield emitters began sparking and fizzled out, immediately dropping a shield bubble on the ship.
"They could have at least..." she remarked looking below the button and seeing a label that said "Out Of Order." "Oh" she added, taking out her multi-tool and beginning to fix the generator as best she could before either someone realised she screwed up royally or before the enemy ship fired and took the shields down further.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Nazia glanced over at Arkangel, who apparently had a newly created orifice in his chest as well as blood stains and scratches. She latched onto some module and tore off parts of it while responding.

"Well, the thing is, metal doesn't age." She gestured at his form, slightly rusted in some parts and even turning purple. Not to mention the hole in it. "You make it age." She ripped down the last wires, completely destroying the system. "I'm planning on staying exactly like this until I'm at least 300." After considering things for a second, the grabbed the dead rebel's pistol and then positioned him as a shield. "You're not in a condition to fight. I'll clean up the rest of them." That being said, she calmly walked out, shots and bodies ramming against each other soon resonating through the ship."
Last edited by I_am_person on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:49 am

I_am_person wrote:Nazia reached the airlock door as Arkangel flew off, shaking her head.

The audacity of some people...

As she waited for the rebel ship's volley to go off so that she wouldn't get hit, she noticed the Anti-Personnel Drone that had went out to meet Arkangel. The things were a whole lot tankier than Lanius, and it didn't need oxygen. Even if he did manage to destroy it, another one would be wheeling out for him moments later. As the burst laser on the enemy ship pinged harmlessly on the shields, she took out the scan results of the enemy ship and located the drone bay. Matching the results on the screen with what was on front of her, she dived into space, moving too fast for the ship to dodge.

Just as she landed on the hull, she realized that she forgot all her weapons. Shed have to make do with it, though, as time was of the essence. Morphing into the drone room, she started wrecking the systems. Continuing to focus on the system even after the rebel barged in and started pounding on her. She knew that he would leave eventually because of the lack of oxygen, but she started to wonder if they had a level two oxygen when she didn't feel any difference. Pushing the rebel away to stall temporarily, she o

Nazia glanced over at Arkangel, who apparently had a newly created orifice in his chest as well as blood stains and scratches. She latched onto some module and tore off parts of it while responding.

"Well, the thing is, metal doesn't age." She gestured at his form, slightly rusted in some parts and even turning purple. Not to mention the hole in it. "You make it age." She ripped down the last wires, completely destroying the system. "I'm planning on staying exactly like this until I'm at least 300." After considering things for a second, the grabbed the dead rebel's pistol and then positioned him as a shield. "You're not in a condition to fight. I'll clean up the rest of them." That being said, she calmly walked out, shots and bodies ramming against each other soon resonating through the ship."

Idk if this was intentional, but you posted that first part twice. Also, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Jrmorris

Postby Jrmorris » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi. Hopefully i'm not to late for a unusual ship character?

Name: 4.1.
Race: A.I. Cruiser
Skills: salvaging, hiding.
Weakpoints: drones. He relies on them to much.
Enjoys: cutting up wrecks.
Dislikes: other A.I. Ships (Quintet is fine though)
Secrets: believes A.I. Should rule, rebels built 4.1., but he's against them.
Appearance: oversized A.I. black Rigger with a red faceplate instead of the cockpit glass and salvage arms.

I only just joined the forums, so sorry if i muck up something.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 am

Jrmorris wrote:Hi. Hopefully i'm not to late for a unusual ship character?

Name: 4.1.
Race: A.I. Cruiser
Skills: salvaging, hiding.
Weakpoints: drones. He relies on them to much.
Enjoys: cutting up wrecks.
Dislikes: other A.I. Ships (Quintet is fine though)
Secrets: believes A.I. Should rule, rebels built 4.1., but he's against them.
Appearance: oversized A.I. black Rigger with a red faceplate instead of the cockpit glass and salvage arms.

I only just joined the forums, so sorry if i muck up something.

Well I think it looks fine but you'll have to get approved by dyno, but he hasn't been on in 8 days and probably taking a break(a bit dangerous I feel for an rp that was relatively slow already). Also, welcome to the forums!
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:54 am

I think it's just New Years and everyone has family stuff etc. So the break is understandable.