FTL would you rather

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
MikieRpg

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby MikieRpg » Mon May 09, 2016 12:08 am

stylesrj wrote:Hmm, let's see. Shieldless ship with Shield Drone and 3 Drone Slots or 1-Engi crew with crappy drones and a powerful ion with a powerful laser for the one-two punch but slow combo...

Engi B for sure!

Would you rather:

Fly a shieldless ship with 1HP but it has powerful weapons, a preigniter and a good counter-boarding team

Or

Fly a ship with 100HP, full shields but it only has one weapon that takes forever to charge and does very little damage? It can't use any other weapons though. You're stuck hitting the enemy with a spoon for hours

Definitly 1 HP, i hate taking more than 1 hour on a play-through.
Plus i all the enemies would jump away :P

Would you Rather:

Live in a world where FTL 2: Federation Strike Back Exsists(Basically you can freely fly through all the sectors and claim territories and build a fleet of ships

Or

Live in a world where The Lanius and Crystal Ships get a type C And every other ship has a type D
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 09, 2016 12:28 am

MikieRpg wrote:Would you Rather:

Live in a world where FTL 2: Federation Strike Back Exsists(Basically you can freely fly through all the sectors and claim territories and build a fleet of ships

Or

Live in a world where The Lanius and Crystal Ships get a type C And every other ship has a type D

I'll take the green option thanks!

Sequel beats new DLC unfortunately :P

Would you rather:

Build a Kestrel in Minecraft Survival

Or

Build a Kestrel with actual Lego or similar block products?

The Kestrel has to be pretty big so no tiny models or the whatnot. If you've seen my thread on the Kestrel in Minecraft, that sort of size according to the pictures. Same for the Lego set. Probably as big as your head or something.

One requires a lot of time and Nether Quartz, the other requires money and a bit of time but you can pick it up and move it around making whoosing noises.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Mon May 09, 2016 5:22 am

stylesrj wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:Would you Rather:

Or

I'll take the green option thanks!

Sequel beats new DLC unfortunately :P

Would you rather:

Build a Kestrel in Minecraft Survival

Or

Build a Kestrel with actual Lego or similar block products?

The Kestrel has to be pretty big so no tiny models or the whatnot. If you've seen my thread on the Kestrel in Minecraft, that sort of size according to the pictures. Same for the Lego set. Probably as big as your head or something.

One requires a lot of time and Nether Quartz, the other requires money and a bit of time but you can pick it up and move it around making whoosing noises.

Look at this picture
I WOULD LOVE A LEGO KESTREL
as a guy this is wierd, but its so cute XD lol :oops:
And the mantis! i mean minecraft is cool(and yes i do play Username: Mikierpg, Duh XD)
But FASTER THAN LEGOS FTW

Would you rather:
get rid of stations jobs

Or

Get rid of the stargate ship mod

Both made by stargateprovider XD
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 09, 2016 7:05 am

I'd go for FTL blocks too... making a Kestrel in Minecraft is difficult and the payoff isn't looking that great.
As for what I'd choose? I'd get rid of the Stargate ships because I don't know that one and Stations Job seems more complete.

Would you rather:

Live as a Federation Captain where you're being hunted by the Rebels as you make your way to the Last Stand where you're most certain to die in one of the various skirmishes

or

Live as a civilian in a Rebel-controlled sector where all you have to do is pay taxes and enjoy the protection of the Rebel Fleet.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 09, 2016 8:00 am

stylesrj wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:
Would you rather:

Have to win the game with Engi B, to save your life.

Or

Have to win the game with Unstealth C, to save your life.

Hmm, let's see. Shieldless ship with Shield Drone and 3 Drone Slots or 1-Engi crew with crappy drones and a powerful ion with a powerful laser for the one-two punch but slow combo...

Engi B for sure!

Would you rather:

Fly a shieldless ship with 1HP but it has powerful weapons, a preigniter and a good counter-boarding team

Or

Fly a ship with 100HP, full shields but it only has one weapon that takes forever to charge and does very little damage? It can't use any other weapons though. You're stuck hitting the enemy with a spoon for hours

probably big guns. but I'd buy cloaking, def.drones and get rock plating asap.
what would you rather: a fleet armed with 1 ASB (can get them in superluminal, basically heavy laser that does three damage, causes a breach and travels at about the speed of an ion shot or missile), but bad crew i.e. ghosts that need oxygen, weak shields that can only be upgraded max to lvl 4 or a Crown of thorns (have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29421) that has bombs with relly long charge times and don't do much effect except 1 system damage and a high chance to start fires (basically castrated small bombs)?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 09, 2016 8:11 am

stylesrj wrote:I'd go for FTL blocks too... making a Kestrel in Minecraft is difficult and the payoff isn't looking that great.
As for what I'd choose? I'd get rid of the Stargate ships because I don't know that one and Stations Job seems more complete.

Would you rather:

Live as a Federation Captain where you're being hunted by the Rebels as you make your way to the Last Stand where you're most certain to die in one of the various skirmishes

or

Live as a civilian in a Rebel-controlled sector where all you have to do is pay taxes and enjoy the protection of the Rebel Fleet.

I dont know... since I am a total NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD who likes to stay inside :oops: I would probably go for option two, stay out of the way and take cover... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
sorry FTL...
baconpancakes9

Postby baconpancakes9 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:59 pm

would you rather:

live in a world where the flagship is in sector 2, impossible pirate style?

or

live in a world where you can't deal with enemy mind control in any way?(unhackable, can't be countered with mind, indestructible, ionproof)

sucks, ik.
wow, this is a nice signature...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:03 pm

I'd go with the second one.
Because you can deal with Mind Control the same way you deal with enemy ships. By blowing them up!

Would you rather:

All enemy ships have Level 3 Hacking

or

All enemy ships have Level 3 Mind Control
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:48 am

stylesrj wrote:I'd go with the second one.
Because you can deal with Mind Control the same way you deal with enemy ships. By blowing them up!

Would you rather:

or

Mind control. Because you can use what I like to call the "[insert mind controlled person here] is bad at aiming" strategy, where you move crew in and out of the mind controlled room.

Would you rather:

Have a Glaive beam and pre igniter as a starting weapon

or

Have a Vulcan, preigniter and two automated reloaders as a starting weapon
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:11 pm

SciGuy303 wrote:
stylesrj wrote:I'd go with the second one.

Would you rather:

or

Mind control. Because you can use what I like to call the "[insert mind controlled person here] is bad at aiming" strategy, where you move crew in and out of the mind controlled room.

Would you rather:

Have a Glaive beam and pre igniter as a starting weapon

or

Have a Vulcan, preigniter and two automated reloaders as a starting weapon

vulcan. always vulcan.

what would you want:
a total overhaul involving a new alien race and ships to go with it, completely revamped ships and kooky new weapons (FTL Ultimate Edition (yes I have been away working on that))
or
a new ui where you command a fleet (sort of like Star Wars: Enpire of War: Forces of Corruption) and also can control scout/bomber/assault squadrons. each faction e.g. slug, zoltan, mantis etc. has unique ships that have unique abilities and crew.