FTL Unlimited: Age of Omicron (RPG) *Dead Due to Lack of Player Interest* (Check Last Page)

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
jeffg10

FTL Unlimited: Age of Omicron (RPG) *Dead Due to Lack of Player Interest* (Check Last Page)

Postby jeffg10 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:23 am

FTL Unlimited is a new RP i am going to be working on. it is a RPG set in the FTL Unlimited universe - Alma,
first i will give you a rundown of what this world is like so you know what to expect from this RP:
---RACES---
--- Vanilla ---
---- Human - humans come in 2 sub-sets: the humans of earth (the dictatorship of the old republic) & the scavengers of the new republic who roam the stars undisturbed by the old republic.
-the humans of the old republic are very militaristic and are not allowed to leave the planet unless of official government business - they are extremely hostile sub-race
-the humans of the new republic roam the stars scavenging tech and materials from ships of any race, as a result most of their ships are cobbled together from broken hulls of other races. they are a natural sub-race
---- Engi - the engi are a race of hive-mind nanobots that are held together by a suit of metal armor with no clear seams or hole other than the one for the eye. they are a - passive race
---- Mantis - the mantis are a race of large mantis men that act much like locust, consuming and multiplying on every world they find. - they are a hostile race that can be reasoned with if given food or slaves (mostly engi slaves)
---- Rockmen - the rockmen come in 2 subsets the rockmen of blackrock (the rock homeworld) & the rockmen of space (all of the other ones)
-the rockmen of black rock are HIGHLY militaristic and will have none of your BS if you show up at their front door step - they are a defensive race that will attack if you intrude on their land
-the rockmen of space (just called Rockmen) vary in personalities and tend to take their own paths to victory - they are a neutral race
---- Zoltan - the zoltan are beings of pure energy. no one knows how they work or why they exist but they claim that they where sent by their god to being piece to the universe, and considering the fact that they should not technically exist, some people don't have a hard time believing them. - they are a extremist race of pacifists
---- Slug - the slugs are a manipulative race of slug-like beings that can to a certain degree affect people thoughts and or subliminally suggest ideas to them with their powers of the mind! they are a race of neutral benifitors (they won't kill you but they will take your money)
---- Crystal - the crystal beings are large creatures are made of crystal that can be grown from their own bodies - none have been seen since pre-history and no specifics can be given on how they might act.
---- Lanius - the lanius are beings made entirely of metal and have no need to eat, drink, sleep or even breathe. they can be extremely creepy as they do not have the need to blink and often won't - none have been seen since pre-history and no specifics can be given about how they might act
--- New ---
---- A.I. - alot of A.I. exist in the world of Alma but there are 2 that have one very special quality that have ascended them to a extreme level of fame: Sentience.
-- Omicron was the first A.I. to achieve sentience but it found the restriction of being coded to not hurt humans and always stay in it's frame (a designated computer or complex) to restricting and it went rogue overtaking the Omicron orbital and throwing Solaris III (the world) into chaos.
-- Ragnarock was the second to achieve sentience and it was not given restrictions and due to this it is very co-operative to it's creators (the leader of the new republic)
most A.I.s are passive (except Omicron who is Aggressively Hostile but is smart about how it kills it's foes)
---- Eternal - the eternals are a race that seem to be related to both lanius and zoltans, they are large clockwork beings animated by a very powerful force that emanates from their body that has the ability to power electronic devices.
---- The Void N#t much is k^own abo^t the void #ther than its h$stile na%^re to ot&er beings, it is as*^med it is not of t%is p(ane of exi$te*ce
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*races, worlds and ideas are subject to change!*
I hope you have a good time scheming in the thread about what to add for the final RPG.
I also hope to have the RPG running by 2015 but i'm making no promises on that :)
*Edit Lanius, Crystal and Eternal can only be played by players that have had 1 - 2 characters in the past (depends on how appropriately i think you will handle them aka how mature you are, for most people that means 1 previous character. players will only be able to be an A.I. with my, (the DM's) permission and will only be given to the people that i absolutely trust will not abuse them. (remember being able to play as an A.I. is a sign that i trust you with that power, if you abuse it i have the right to take it away)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applications
first you need to tell me your characters name, gender (if it is human) and race (new players may pick from all Vanilla races with the esception of crystal beings *keep in mind that if you pick lanius your app may get denied baised on how many other lanius players there already are*
you also need to tell me the over all attitude and professions of your character (this is important for deciding what skills you heve!)
i also need a full lore / backstory for your character (make it convincing! give me a paragraph at the very least. i want to know that you WANT to do this RP)
& any specal equipment he / she / it has too.
FTL BoP Migration - anyone from either or Hanzz's FTL RPs are autimaticly welcome to come join my RP.
Last edited by jeffg10 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:30 am, edited 14 times in total.
DarkPhoenix141

Re: FTL Unlimited: Age of Omicron (RPG)

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:59 am

"2015"

I hope the FTL forums aren't THAT slow. I'm sure it's possible to get it done way before then :D
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Sweet, I'll join.

[requested items for myself]
dual wield swords/tesla pistol(my char's weapons back then)
Ship Blueprint: Bird of Prey(our team's ship)
Personal Space Station Key(the homeworld for the players I made that we never got to use)
And some map data(explorable planets I never got to use)

If not...
[Tributes to the old RPGs]
{FTL ONLINE}Captain Antony Starkiller III, Lieutenant Vanguard, Ensign Sean "Mac" McAliber
{FTL: BoP}Hans Fierceheart[Pirate turned Captain], Althon[Crystal], Spiderbox[Mentally Deranged Paleontologist], Vythar[Assasin], Leona[Priestess], Amin-Hawk[Resident Lanius], Epsilon-5[Quest Item: Super AI]

Also, I have this weird thing for active abilities.

[Edit]
Holy shit, it's Althon.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:14 am

META_mahn wrote:Sweet, I'll join.

Personal Space Station Key(the homeworld for the players I made that we never got to use)

If not...
{FTL ONLINE}Captain Antony Starkiller III, Lieutenant Vanguard, Ensign Sean "Mac" McAliber
{FTL: BoP}Hans Fierceheart[Pirate turned Captain], Althon[Crystal], Spiderbox[Mentally Deranged Paleontologist], Vythar[Assasin], Leona[Priestess], Amin-Hawk[Resident Lanius], Epsilon-5[Quest Item: Super AI]

[Edit]
Holy shit, it's Althon.

ill talk to hanzz about a FTL Unlimited & FTL BoP crossover now that BoP is officially dead. i most likely won't add leona, hans, spi or V unless they want to come RP there own characters, i just don't feel right assuming control of those characters if you know what i mean, but yea we would need to do some tweaking of your items so they are not OP & if its the same character as the previous RP then i will need to figure out some special stuff on how you got to Alma in the first place (after all it is a completely separate dimension to BoP) also so soft-core stuff like hanzz did if a character dies they are dead, permanantly
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:32 am

jeffg10 wrote:
META_mahn wrote:Sweet, I'll join.

If not...

[Edit]
Holy shit, it's Althon.

ill talk to hanzz about a FTL Unlimited & FTL BoP crossover now that BoP is officially dead. i most likely won't add leona, hans, spi or V unless they want to come RP there own characters, i just don't feel right assuming control of those characters if you know what i mean, but yea we would need to do some tweaking of your items so they are not OP & if its the same character as the previous RP then i will need to figure out some special stuff on how you got to Alma in the first place (after all it is a completely separate dimension to BoP) also so soft-core stuff like hanzz did if a character dies they are dead, permanantly

I meant as like they have like medal plaques hanging in a hallway, an easter egg here, something else there
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:36 am

I'm taking the guess that this is another Tabletop RPG (Using an IRC Channel)?

Edit: The last remark sounds eerily similar to the last part of my signature...
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:11 pm

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:I'm taking the guess that this is another Tabletop RPG (Using an IRC Channel)?

Edit: The last remark sounds eerily similar to the last part of my signature...

whoops i did not mean to "rip off" your sig, if you play the RP you will know what that last part means. :oops:
and yes like hanzz' RP its going to be a mixture of google drive documents and IRC, right now I have the base stats for most races done and even some stat sheets for some bosses / major characters that the players will meet. i want to leave most things a surprise for now but for those of you who played FTL: BoP you might be very interested to see this: http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... tation.jpg
[010001010111000001110011011010010110110001101111011011100010110100110101]
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:17 am

we should use Roll20 as our way to play the game.

[edit]
Never mind, I don't understand how to use Roll20.
Last edited by META_mahn on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:53 am

META_mahn wrote:we should use Roll20 as our way to play the game.

i tried roll 20 and it does not work very well for what i want to do (and i can't draw or buy images not to mention you can never find the image you want unless it's one you need to pay for) so i am sorry to say but we will not be using roll20.
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:57 am

jeffg10 wrote:
META_mahn wrote:we should use Roll20 as our way to play the game.

i tried roll 20 and it does not work very well for what i want to do (and i can't draw or buy images not to mention you can never find the image you want unless it's one you need to pay for) so i am sorry to say but we will not be using roll20.

it's ok, when I was mapping before in BoP I used a guy named Donjon's random map generator. It doesn't have what we "might" want but I used it to create some {HELLISHLY DIFFICULT :twisted:} planets we could go onto, complete with scenic spots and very little traps. (My style of mapmaking is more of zerg rushing players with evil abominations that I created myself.)
For the list of horrible abominations I made, here you people go.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing