Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
lolmaus

Re: Complete Ships Guide

Postby lolmaus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi! I stumbled upon the quest that unlocks the The Slug Cruiser.

The second quest mark appeared in the next galaxy sector. When i reached it, there were two options: fight or sneak. Your guide says i could have chosen any option. I chose fighting, killed the enemy... and got no new ship! :(

So, apparently you have to sneak him.
TwoEdge

Postby TwoEdge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:04 pm

May I suggest this gets a sticky and a spoiler tag? This is way useful but will spoil the fun of discovery and trial and error for some.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:00 am

lolmaus wrote:Hi! I stumbled upon the quest that unlocks the The Slug Cruiser.

The second quest mark appeared in the next galaxy sector. When i reached it, there were two options: fight or sneak. Your guide says i could have chosen any option. I chose fighting, killed the enemy... and got no new ship! :(

No, the first post says that you can choose any BLUE option.
Blue options are available if you have slug crew member or long range scanner augment (and I think stealth system. might need rank 2)

Presumably you can get if you sneak as well. but the blue options are much more certain and most likely the OP hasn't completed it through any of the white options so he doesn't know which one works
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:42 am

Sardonic wrote:note* the stasis pod only can be gotten from engy sectors.

It took me 21 hours, but I unlocked it.

I got the pod in a pirate sector

Edit has anyone got the pod without the rock armor?
Sacarathe

Postby Sacarathe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Slug Cruiser

To Unlock:

>Sensors Rank 2 (Maybe 3 is required) or a Slug (Long Range Sensors may also work)
>Go to Slug Homeworlds (Purple Sector)
>A lot of the Slug ships will surrender once hurt in exchange for what's in their stores. Do this. Once of them will have an experimental weapon, Instead, ask for some data. You get a quest marker.
>At the new quest node, choose whichever Blue option you have. You'll get in a fight where the enemy is powering up FTL to get away. Destroy the ship and congratulations, you get the Slug Cruiser.

I just reached "choose whichever Blue option you have" - there was no option given. What is the requirement?

Heres what i did have.

Also, in sector 6 and the exit is 3 jumps into rebel territory.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Check two posts above yours Sacarathe :P
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Spleenling wrote:

They changed the rarity of the events to be more common and widespread in the last patch, by the looks of it.

And yes, you can get the pod without the rock armor, but rock armor makes it a sure thing.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:31 am

Sardonic wrote:
Spleenling wrote:

They changed the rarity of the events to be more common and widespread in the last patch, by the looks of it.

And yes, you can get the pod without the rock armor, but rock armor makes it a sure thing.

good im sick of using the rock ships
Sacarathe

Postby Sacarathe » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:36 am

Lol, and after all the effort i put in reading page 2 and 3 :D
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:34 am

Gorlom wrote:
lolmaus wrote:Hi! I stumbled upon the quest that unlocks the The Slug Cruiser.

No, the first post says that you can choose any BLUE option.
Blue options are available if you have slug crew member or long range scanner augment (and I think stealth system. might need rank 2)

Presumably you can get if you sneak as well. but the blue options are much more certain and most likely the OP hasn't completed it through any of the white options so he doesn't know which one works

Yeah, sorry, I haven't tested white options much (read: at all), but am trying to list what gives you blue options as detailed as you can (since blue options seem to automatically succeed).

Anyway, I haven't been playing much (Dark Souls is taking up my single player time, haha), and have yet to get the new ship. I'll be trying tonight, though, so hopefully this actually will be a "Complete" guide.

As for the person who talked about Spoilers, I assume a thread titled "Complete Ships Guide" is spoilers enough. It'd take some pretty severe mental gymnastics to think that it would not, haha.