Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Sacarathe

Re: Complete Ships Guide

Postby Sacarathe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 am

Hi, Im mid game atm so cant check, the achievements for the rock ship are not grammatically clear enough for me to understand them, can anyone clear up the first one about fire, does it mean on your own ship or on the enemy ship. I get that it means killing in melee in a room on fire.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 am

Has anyone got the secret ship events since the patch to make them more common?
I haven't got a single one
fall_ark

Postby fall_ark » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 am

Spleenling wrote:Has anyone got the secret ship events since the patch to make them more common?
I haven't got a single one

Quite a few Damaged Stasis Pod - it has a distress signal so should be fairly easy to catch.

Zoltan research facility, about 3 times. Saw secret beacon twice, I think.
You can post images in signature?
Sacarathe

Postby Sacarathe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Sacarathe wrote:Slug Cruiser

To Unlock:

>Sensors Rank 2 (Maybe 3 is required) or a Slug (Long Range Sensors may also work)
>Go to Slug Homeworlds (Purple Sector)
>A lot of the Slug ships will surrender once hurt in exchange for what's in their stores. Do this. Once of them will have an experimental weapon, Instead, ask for some data. You get a quest marker.
>At the new quest node, choose whichever Blue option you have. You'll get in a fight where the enemy is powering up FTL to get away. Destroy the ship and congratulations, you get the Slug Cruiser.

I just reached "choose whichever Blue option you have" - there was no option given. What is the requirement?

Heres what i did have.

Also, in sector 6 and the exit is 3 jumps into rebel territory.

Attempt 2, still not blue option, or slug ship. Had a slug and level 3 sensors.

(Right click view image)
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Oh dear that is horrible what your screenshots do to the forum. Is there any way to just link the screenshot instead of posting those malformed rectangles?

well the sensors are offline in the nebula so rank 3 sensors doesn't help. But that slug should help... I completed it through the slug myself. Guess you should try to get hold of a long range scanner or rank 2 stealth and see if those work

Did you try to sneak this time? Justin said they had simplified some ship unlocking quests... so maybe there is no blue options anymore.
fall_ark

Postby fall_ark » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Definitely still blue options. Do you have augmentations? I think I used long ranged sensor in the stealth one.
You can post images in signature?
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 am

fall_ark wrote:
Quite a few Damaged Stasis Pod - it has a distress signal so should be fairly easy to catch.

Why couldn't find it been avoiding the distress because it didn't give one before
Arebane

Postby Arebane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 am

I made it to the slug ship quest site with a slug and level 2 sensors. There were no blue options as posted above. I selected charge in and killed the enemy ship quickly, but the slug ship prize had already left.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:37 am

Arebane wrote:I made it to the slug ship quest site with a slug and level 2 sensors. There were no blue options as posted above. I selected charge in and killed the enemy ship quickly, but the slug ship prize had already left.

We have never said rank 2 sensors give a blue options. It's long range sensors (the augmentation) that gives a blue option.
I don't know why a slug crew member suddenly doesn't give a blue option. might be a bug?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:59 am

There are no blue options at that point. Try being a little less aggressive and you might find some blue options shortly after...
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here