Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
ForTheLoss

Re: Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

Postby ForTheLoss » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 pm

This is a phenomenal resource, thank you for it.
iceburg333

Postby iceburg333 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Yeah, this is much appreciated!
Thank you!
The Dwarf

Postby The Dwarf » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:35 pm

So far, the most efficient scrap farming ship is the Mantis B. I'm currently in sector 6, 2 mantis / 4 rock / 2 engi crew, over 700 scrap, 6 power in shields, weapons and drone, full reactor and stealth, glaive beam in stock for the flagship and fire beam currently used to toast my preys.

I'm not sure i want to win, I don't wanna lose my dreadnought...
bj_redcat

Postby bj_redcat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Hiya people,

just registered just to note:
You don't need a mantis crew member to get the mantis cruiser. Just did that. (What a relief.) Just Medbay and Transporter. The first blue option, which you only have with a mantis crew member is optional. That can also be seen from this source:
http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_thi ... ndom_Event
Gecimen

Postby Gecimen » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm

bj_redcat wrote:Hiya people,

just registered just to note:
You don't need a mantis crew member to get the mantis cruiser. Just did that. (What a relief.) Just Medbay and Transporter. The first blue option, which you only have with a mantis crew member is optional. That can also be seen from this source:
http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_thi ... ndom_Event

Not sure, as I just began a few weeks ago but this may be due to a recent patch. Clearly the OP is not up to date (no crystal ship guide).
KeronCyst

Postby KeronCyst » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 am

I got the Mantis Ship without any Mantis crew members. The alien haka is just an alternate way to start the battle, like the blue option for putting a Rock crew member on the comm to piss off the randomly appearing Mantis pirate whose hull is adorned with Rock body parts. It doesn't do anything other than change the text.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:55 am

:evil: :evil: :evil: actually, I find the Slug B useless because it doesn't have a medbay, is totally missile reliant and slugs arent very good boarders :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: , but when there is a chance to, GET A LASER/BEAM WEAPON!!!!
Good Hunting
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:18 am

Stormbringer wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: actually, I find the Slug B useless because it doesn't have a medbay, is totally missile reliant and slugs arent very good boarders :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: , but when there is a chance to, GET A LASER/BEAM WEAPON!!!!
Good Hunting

Slugs are pretty decent boarders actually. They're as strong as Humans and can see into other rooms without needing to station someone on sensors to see what's going on the enemy ship.
And the Slug B has a teleporter. Unlike the Bullshipwark.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:04 pm

I get the reference in Bullshipwark.
and even though slugs are as strong as humans, I still prefer mantis, rock or crystal boarders.
Go Team!!!
oh, and as a sidenote, the Carnelian is super op.
and also, the fed cruiser can be unlocked by going to the rebel stronghold sector and beating the rebel flagship construction. ftl wiki article here.http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Huge_Rebel_Shipyard
when getting the mantis cruiser, you dont need a mantis. if you fiht the damn ship, you can get the cruiser (but you still have to kill all the crew.)
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
FirebirdGaming

Postby FirebirdGaming » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks for this, I was really struggling with a few of these!