Fire Beam + 2x Ion Burst II

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
stylesrj

Re: Fire Beam + 2x Ion Burst II

Postby stylesrj » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:18 pm

BlueTrin wrote:In hard mode the weapon rooms are connected, you may end up killing everybody ?

You do know that this thread was made three years ago before such things like Hard Mode and Hacking ever existed?
Because you can always Hack the Shields and light the enemy on fire with the Fire Beam and have a weapon slot and power left over for more fire or to do damage.

As for everyone dying? It's not much of a big deal when the entire ship is on fire. The AI will fix everything, including the Oxygen system which is causing the fires to remain.
zeek

Re: Fire Beam + 2x Ion Burst II

Postby zeek » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:22 pm

It's quite a fun weapons layout to have. I remember one time I was doing this for fun and I had a whole other layout in reserve for the flagship, but I forgot to switch before I jumped into battle with the flagship. I was like...uh oh how do I kill this thing? I didn't even think of running away and switching my weapons. So, I reluctantly let the A.I. take over and let me kill systems over and over again with fire. Not my favorite thing to do because I like to take those weapons offline for good as soon as possible. When they repair that's bad news.