Mantis A achievments

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
dyno101

Mantis A achievments

Postby dyno101 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:19 pm

So, I now earned the Mantis A by winning with the Zoltan B. I already have the easiest achievment (Battle Royale) but the other 2 achievments just seem menacing. Murdering 20 ships by sector 6 with a 2 man teleporter is a difficult feat, even with mantis, and even finding a ship with 5 crewmembers is difficult (Or is that achievement accumulative?).
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Re: Mantis A achievments

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Find a ship with a Clone Bay or fight the Flagship. Both will have more than 5 crew to be slaughtered.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:11 pm

stylesrj wrote:Find a ship with a Clone Bay or fight the Flagship. Both will have more than 5 crew to be slaughtered.

Thanks! I never thought of a clone bay.
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:43 pm

Yup. Although I got mine the old-fashioned way: Fighting a Mantis Bomber...
Or was it the Weapons Licensing guys? Or maybe a boarding event where the guys ask if hey don't mind wrecking your ship with 5 of their dudes and going straight for Life Support and Engines.

Maybe one of those events could do the trick too. You get boarders AND enemy crew to slaughter.
Portaller

Postby Portaller » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:14 am

Just in case you didn't know, you don't have to use boarders for "Take No Prisoners". You can use burning, suffocation, anti-bio beam, any method that leaves the ship intact. Still difficult, but more options. You probably want to use Mantis B or C, however, both of which have four-man teleporters, Mantis C having anti-crew weaponry.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong." - Terry Pratchett

Creator of the DeLorean.

1:241 Win/Loss ratio.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Portaller wrote:Just in case you didn't know, you don't have to use boarders for "Take No Prisoners". You can use burning, suffocation, anti-bio beam, any method that leaves the ship intact. Still difficult, but more options. You probably want to use Mantis B or C, however, both of which have four-man teleporters, Mantis C having anti-crew weaponry.

I have the ships now! I would have used the mantis B for them, but that's what I was trying to unlock.
"Blamsauce!"