FTL for Dummies

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
dyno101

Re: FTL for Dummies

Postby dyno101 » Mon May 30, 2016 4:00 pm

See, I just made it to the flagship in the Kestrel A with a BLII and A Flak I and a Charge Ion. I managed for a bit, but because I had no boarding, (I don't remember even seeing it in stores) I ate those missile volleys and died.
I, in fact, Can make it to sector 8 and the flagship if I put my mind to it. I can't ever get the right stuff!
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 31, 2016 5:02 am

I thought Dialup was a good thing.

If you wanted to wait 15 minutes for a connection :P
Now it's "If you want to wait 15 minutes for a connection because you used up all your GB on a bit of Youtube"

dyno101 wrote:See, I just made it to the flagship in the Kestrel A with a BLII and A Flak I and a Charge Ion. I managed for a bit, but because I had no boarding, (I don't remember even seeing it in stores) I ate those missile volleys and died.
I, in fact, Can make it to sector 8 and the flagship if I put my mind to it. I can't ever get the right stuff!

Did you have Cloaking? If you can't board, smash the missile launcher constantly until it no longer functions and cannot be repaired. That's the biggest threat.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:24 pm

stylesrj wrote:
I thought Dialup was a good thing.

If you wanted to wait 15 minutes for a connection :P
Now it's "If you want to wait 15 minutes for a connection because you used up all your GB on a bit of Youtube"

dyno101 wrote:See, I just made it to the flagship in the Kestrel A with a BLII and A Flak I and a Charge Ion. I managed for a bit, but because I had no boarding, (I don't remember even seeing it in stores) I ate those missile volleys and died.

Did you have Cloaking? If you can't board, smash the missile launcher constantly until it no longer functions and cannot be repaired. That's the biggest threat.

Thanks again. I had cloaking, but I may have misused it, and anyways, it only goes so far. I was mistaking the shields as a worthwhile target, so I'll try to use it better next time. Thanks!
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:10 pm

I love your logic :P
"Hmm, getting my butt kicked by the missile launcher. Better keep targeting those shields!"

Although I think I looked up a guide after encountering the Flagship a few times and losing hard.