Advice for noobs/ people who want advice

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Stormbringer

Re: Advice for noobs/ people who want advice

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:36 am

starting us up once again

27: ship advice: most type bs: overpowered
e.g. fed b (dual lasers LOL XD and lvl 2 artillery beam) Zoltan b, Rock b (once you get teleport, before that its crap) KESTREL B (man shields and weapons with humans, zoltan manning engines and mantis manning pilot), Lanius B (adv. flak one power flak 1 taking one less power and more accurate, lanius boarding party strategy: board. mind control first responders. dre and Mantis B (rock/crystal-mantis boarding teams. (one crystal to lock rooms, mantis to destroy system or two crystals destroy systems, mantis distraction party). some type cs underpowered e.g.kestrel c and unstealth C, crapzoltan c.

28: crystal boarders are deadly. as F***. yes I swore, but only because they will lock down rooms your crew are in and also the lockdown drains O2 somehow. thus they will kill your crew. even if you drain O2 from everywhere except the medbay and (luckily) your crew are there, they will still attack systems that are drained, since they have reduced O2 damage
:evil: I have a feeling the developers may have made crystal boarder events so they could piss off us players who are unlucky enough to come across them.

29: dont sell dual lasers OR adv. flaks. they are more accurate than their two-power variants i.e. bl. 1 and flak 1. they also can substitute for basic lasers, fully powering the weapons when you have just one power bar and slot on your weapons.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Re: Advice for noobs/ people who want advice

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:28 pm

28: crystal boarders are deadly. as F***. yes I swore, but only because they will lock down rooms your crew are in and also the lockdown drains O2 somehow. thus they will kill your crew. even if you drain O2 from everywhere except the medbay and (luckily) your crew are there, they will still attack systems that are drained, since they have reduced O2 damage

Crystals don't drain oxygen from the room when they lock it down. Hacking however does. You should activate it just before you blow up Oxygen. It'll still work for 10 seconds, draining the air along with the air being already drained.