repair in Last Stand

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
GoldenLeaf6

repair in Last Stand

Postby GoldenLeaf6 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:27 pm

So, the problem isn't gaining weapons/shields/dodge, etc. I have full power with four shields, full dodge, and (sometimes) I have a drone or two. I can defeat rebel ships 1 and 2 easily; but by the time rebel 3 arrives, my hull is too low for me to survive.

I'm experienced enough to get to Last Stand successfully, but by the time I get to a repair, all the other repairs are taken over. Then there's the problem of fighting regular rebels until I make it to the base...and then there's the problem of surviving the big boss.

Again, the problem isn't defeating the ship. The problem is either defeating the ship fast enough to have minimum damage or getting enough repair (repair drone is all I can think of)/having an effective stragety to destroy the boss before the boss destroys me. I have enough weapon power to take the boss out relatively quickly but my hull gets damaged too quickly for me to last in round 3.

Plus, I don't understand how you can reach the repairs. Are you supposed to fight at a taken-over repair or something? They get taken over too fast. I usually make it to one and by then everything else has ! or !! on them.
stylesrj

Re: repair in Last Stand

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 pm

Repair stations are finicky and should not be relied upon. They're nice to have around if you can reach them.

The problem is that most people don't think to take out the missile launcher first in Phase 1. Destroy it, kill the guy inside and keep that sucker down.

If you keep that missile launcher from launching, you'll find a lot less hull damage occurring.
Also, a boarding strategy can work wonders in thinning out the enemy crew. Just keep the laser gun guy alive and kill everyone else.
That way you'll find keeping enemy systems down to be much easier every time the next phase repairs them.

Repair stations are nice but they're not vital to surviving the Flagship. I use them for the last-minute scrap boost.