I just tested it, making sure to make a backup save before hand.
Short version: Small bug *And work around*, but worked great for unlocking ship I wanted.
**EDIT** The Editor has sense been updated, so the below bug should be resolved now and the workaround is no longer needed.
Previously I had all ships EXCEPT crystal unlocked. This included B side achievements.
Using your editor, I open the saved. It had all of the ships and achivments checked that should be.
I clicked the Crystal ship unlcok. then i saved.
When starting a new game i immediately got the achievement for 'a fleet of my own' and 'Just getting started'':
* All ships were unlocked
* None of the ship achivments were preserved, so I no longer have B-side ship layouts
* Non ship achievements WERE preserved
* Stats WERE preserved.
I could probably play around with it some more, toggle an achievement box off and on with the old save to make sure it correctly writes all of those achievements back in, but still it worked well enough for my purposes. Nice program.
Edit: For your debugging pleasure. I reloaded my old save. then i ran the editor again, this time checking Crystal ship unlock, and the rock ship achievement for visiting the crystal sector.
When I loaded up my game, all ships were unlocked but the Rock ship achievement was the ONLY ship achievement I had. Again, stats and normal achievements were preserved though.
*WORK AROUND For version 1.0*
Until he makes an update for the ship achievement bug, there is a way to preserve them if you care about that.
Short version: Using unlock all ship achievements to get the 'inverse' of your achievements. Do this twice to get back to where you started.
To preserve Ship achievements
1. Make a backup of your save, then open your default save game
2. Check to Unlock the ships you want, then click the button to 'Unlock all ship achievements'. This will check all of the achievements you don't have.
3. Save the new profile.
4. Click open again, and open the new profile
5. You should have all the ships unlocked that you selected before. Also, you should only have the ship achievements you DIDN'T have before saving.
6. Click the 'Unlcok all ship achivments' button again. this will check all of the achievements you used to have.
7. Save your profile
8. When you reopen your profile now, you should still have all ships unlocked. And you should now have all your original achievements.
To Add All ship achivemnts: (untested but same logic)
1. Make backup save, ect
2. Check unlock on the ships you want. Dont check any ship achivments.
3. Save new profile. Then re-open it again
4. You should have no ship achievements. click the 'unlock all ship achievement button'
5. Save the profile again. This should give you all ship achievements.
Last edited by darkwolf
on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.