Tips & Tricks Video Series!

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
stylesrj

Re: Tips & Tricks Video Series!

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Huh, I never realised that manning the Engines increases the FTL recharge rate. I just thought it increased evasion and any accelerated FTL was just your mind thinking it was faster because you threw in an extra power bar or something.

Then again I always have a guy on Engines so I don't know what it's like to go without someone helping the ship evade (Lanius B doesn't count. The engines are already bad)
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:17 pm

stylesrj wrote:Huh, I never realised that manning the Engines increases the FTL recharge rate. I just thought it increased evasion and any accelerated FTL was just your mind thinking it was faster because you threw in an extra power bar or something.

Then again I always have a guy on Engines so I don't know what it's like to go without someone helping the ship evade

There's been a ton of new stuff I've found out while doing the Tips & Tricks series like this which has been neat - most recently, the fact leveled up crew damage systems at the same pace, and that ASB timing is randomized both on the initial delay and the time the warning lasts before it fires. I actually found out about manning the Engines increasing FTL charge as a test for getting better at speedrunning the game =)
FTL Tips & Tricks Video Series

Catch my stream on Twitch

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:52 am

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 pm