Ship Quest Achievements ?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
cwlangy

Ship Quest Achievements ?

Postby cwlangy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:26 am

Hi guys,

After searching quite a bit on this forum and on the wikia i decided to go ahead and ask the question I can't find an answer for... even though it might be stupid.

If I unlock a ship by going to sector 8 with the previous one, can i still do the old unlocking quest for that ship ? ie, can I still get the "ship quest" achievement after i unlocked it the other way, as well as the little "q" icon in the hangar?

Hope the question was clear, thanks in advance !

Angy
5thHorseman

Re: Ship Quest Achievements ?

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am

Yes, you can and yes, it will fill in that box for the ship.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Artror

Postby Artror » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:01 pm

I think that i am doing something wrong :( Can someone give me a video how to do it exactly ? Sry im not that bright :D
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Going to sector 8 with ship type B unlocks C. There is no quest for that. Quests unlock ships of type A, which, generally speaking, you can also unlock by winning a victory with the previous ship (of any type).

Exceptions: Getting to sector 5 with any Kestrel class cruiser unlocks the Engi A. You need to unlock four cruiser classes (i.e., have 5 type As in your list) to unlock the Lanius A. Mystery cruiser unlock requires wins with all non-Lanius A & B types.