Favorite way to win a battle?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
TMDstudio

Re: Favorite way to win a battle?

Postby TMDstudio » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Both of these ways: (I always carry both sets on my ships all the time.)

4 Leto Missiles (Just to counter-troll the troll ships)
4 Dual Lasers (To fill the screen with LAZORS)
As long as it's explodable, you got it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:25 pm

I don't think you can buy Leto missiles in stores... unless you're using a custom ship with that loadout. And even then, you'll run out of missiles quickly, just like the Bulwark.

4 Dual lasers though... that would be awesome.
SelphieSelfie

Postby SelphieSelfie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Been using the Basilisk lately and my favorite way to win as of now is on ships with med bays. Wearing crews down with my mantises and having 2 guys waiting at the med bay. It's hilarious if it happens to be an engi who gets the kill adding insult to injury. :lol:
slattikarma

Postby slattikarma » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:58 am

An uncontrollable fire is always the most satisfying way.... especially if you can make liberal use of a fire beam or bombs and draw out the ship's defeat with its crew hiding in fear in the few rooms not on fire.

Otherwise, I always find glaiving a ship from full health to death in one shot by carefully routing it through as many rooms as possible incredibly satisfying.
Johnnelson

Postby Johnnelson » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:49 am

The high-ground is always important in a gun battle, but that doesn't mean you need to put a bulls-eye on yourself. Hanging out on tall buildings or in towers is a great way to get shot from a few towns over. Players in DayZ are (as they are in most games) predictable. Because of this, the top of a building or tower is the first place they’ll look when they enter an area. Additionally, camping in such places is fairly common Bandit behavior, meaning you deserve to get shot anyway.
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Level III Hack on the oxygen and then shoot it out (preferably with a breach bomb/missile) as they fix it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:38 pm

WhiteWeasel wrote:Level III Hack on the oxygen and then shoot it out (preferably with a breach bomb/missile) as they fix it.

The best part is that the hack will keep going for those 10 seconds even when the system is destroyed :)
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:44 pm

stylesrj wrote:
WhiteWeasel wrote:Level III Hack on the oxygen and then shoot it out (preferably with a breach bomb/missile) as they fix it.

The best part is that the hack will keep going for those 10 seconds even when the system is destroyed :)

Well I meant just as the hacking gets done, you shoot it out. :twisted:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:54 pm

WhiteWeasel wrote:Well I meant just as the hacking gets done, you shoot it out. :twisted:

That's a waste. It should be done at the same time, so not only are you hacking out the air, it's also naturally draining during the hack.
If you do it afterwards, it might have a second or two to recover, especially if the enemy system is level 3.
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:44 pm

stylesrj wrote:
WhiteWeasel wrote:Well I meant just as the hacking gets done, you shoot it out. :twisted:

That's a waste. It should be done at the same time, so not only are you hacking out the air, it's also naturally draining during the hack.
If you do it afterwards, it might have a second or two to recover, especially if the enemy system is level 3.

I didn't know the hack would work if a system gets destroyed.