Favorite way to win a battle?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
thenoobycaptain

Re: Favorite way to win a battle?

Postby thenoobycaptain » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 am

What is I really like to do is mind controlling the enemy crew members, teleporting them back to my ship one by one (yes you can do that I know it's so awesome right?), then waiting for them to becoming un-mind controlled, then killing off. Repeat until they are all gone. Call it the "abduction" method! :lol:
huffpuff1337

Postby huffpuff1337 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Not posted in a while, but I'd thought that I'd mention that I'm counting Hacking in Drones. Since it uses a drone part.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:35 am

For Automated Scouts in asteroid fields... just sitting there and waiting for it to go to its doom.
Sometimes I need to give it a push though.

As for other ships? Well I'm a big fan of the Crystal Lockdown. Wound the enemy and pick off the helpless buggers as they flee for the medbay for relief they'll never get. Especially if they're one room away.
Even better when there's someone mind controlled in there as well for that coup-de-grace.

Then again there's always Mind Control + Enemy AP drone. The only problem is that the drone kills one guy, then the second I mind control destroys the drone even if it repairs a little bit.

Honestly I should really try and use the Hacking Module more considering how awesome everyone says their strategies are with it. But then again, Cloak is mandatory and some ships don't have room for any more subsystems after that.
OC2142

Postby OC2142 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Pre-igniter on Stealth B with Flak and Glaive Beam. Even the Flagship didn't stand for long.
I'm not big on boarding though personally. It just feels so risky to me.
Trapex

Postby Trapex » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Interesting ideas so far.

I had a recent run where i decided to best some poor slugs at their own game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBk1ruegoWM#t=659

did take longer than simply just blowing them up, but sure was satisfying!! lol. This has to be by far my favourite way to win a battle.
MoblinMan

Postby MoblinMan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:14 pm

There's nothing better than slicing enemy ships up in a few seconds with multiple beam weapons. Just need an EMP or two to take down those annoying shields.
delta77thegreat

Postby delta77thegreat » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:19 am

Destroying a zoltan ship's shields, and starting fires with a fire bomb, then using an ion stunner to keep the suckers inside the burning room.

I love watching them roast while stunned. Never gets old for me.
NotSoFriendlyZoltan

Postby NotSoFriendlyZoltan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:07 pm

I love to set fire to ships and then I board them with my Rock Crew members. It's just so satisfying.
I also love breaching people's hull and then sending my Lanius crew member in - so everyone's lungs can just implode.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:47 am

Four Flak I's

12 shots every 10 seconds and more easily found, faster and cheaper than the Burst Laser II?
Yes please!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:33 am

Francklen wrote:Wow really nice to hear this shooting style, what kind of weapon did you use for this really fast shooting,, 12 shots in every 10sec is really amazing..

Four Flak I's.
Although now that the shots can be intercepted by defense drones, not as cool any more. But still easier to acquire.